Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th May 2016, 13:16   #1
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Default Correct shocks/dampers to go with lowering springs

Can anyone who has lowered the suspension on their 75 (or ZT) advise on what shocks/dampers they used in conjunction with the lower springs?

I've got a set of H&R lowering springs (drop of 35mm) and H&R seem to advise that these CAN be used with original shocks. However, I notice that Monroe state that their shocks are NOT to be used with lowered suspension

I see that Bilstein manufacture rear shocks for use on a 75 that can cater for a drop of up to 40mm, but there's nothing obvious available for dropped suspension on the front.

So, what are the options? Are the shock manufacturers simply trying to avoid warranty issues by stating their shocks aren't to be used with lowered suspension, when in all practicality, their shocks may suit the job just fine? Or, are they simply not suitable?

Interested to hear any suggestions (other than don't lower it ), as info seems thin on the ground in this regard.

Cheers,
Karl.

Last edited by The Mighty Quinn; 29th May 2016 at 13:24..
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote