Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th September 2015, 12:54   #1
slav

MG ZT 190

Default ZT 190 camshaft position - the correct setting.

Hello,

I know the cam belt tools need to have a special adapter plate to set the 190 camshaft correctly.

The adapter plate for ZT 190 engine looks like this:

From what I can see, the silver pins on it are not symmetrical, so it would seem to me they would rotate the cam slightly when compared to the standard 2,5 tool plate.
Am I correct?

As far as I know, on standard 2.5 KV6, when the crank is in the safe position and the markings on the rear belt cog wheels align - then the timing is spot on just like on the photos below.
Am I correct?

If the 190 tool indeed rotates the cam slightly as compared to other 2.5 V6, then I gues the rear cog wheel moves with it and therefore the marks would be misaligned a bit - but only for the 190 version.
Is that true?

Last time my belts were done without the special tools and I have a feeling that my mechanic didn't know there are any differences when timing the 190.
So is there any way for the 190 owners without the tools, to check if their timing is set correctly for their engine version?
Mods so far: boot spoiler, long mg boot plinth, K&N cone air filter, cold air intake, metal thermostat, pneumatic t-piece for breather pipes, mist windsheld washer nozzles, Alu oil filler cap, carbon badges, sealed bonnet switch, flipped bonnet cable connector, Powerflex all over [lower engine mount, front anti roll bar, front arm rear bush].
Mods on the waiting list: powerfold mirrors, Arduino car computer, puddle lights, VIS indicator, coolant level sensor.
slav is offline   Reply With Quote