Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd September 2015, 14:26   #11
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awvc1 View Post
its no use. i've put it all back before i break something. I tried not to, but I have to give up before I make a mess that will upset me even more. Thanks for the help, but this is beyond my ability.
Tony

As well as the two screws at the top of the headunit there are also two clips retaining it at the bottom.

Remove the left hand selector knob, you'll find a small screw in the recess, turn it anticlockwise a quarter of a turn to release the clips.

Once you've done that put a couple of fingers in the cassette slot and try to rock the unit from side to side - I also used a pallet knife between the console and the headunit in an attempt to help release it - with rather more than gentle persuasion you should manage it.

It'll still be tight and awkward to remove, remember it's been there since the car was built and will have become stuck to the padding of the console.

Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awvc1 View Post
I can't see any screws on the atc panel - where would I access them please?
You would need to remove the trim panel first, see my last picture in post#2

Last edited by J1MBO; 3rd September 2015 at 14:27.. Reason: adding further information
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote