Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th May 2015, 10:54   #35
Gman2
Posted a thing or two

ZTT+ 1.8T, mgf 1.8

Well not the result I was hoping for

I'm not a big fan for the SNP or Tories but they've played a blinder and fair play to them. Independence for Scotland firmly back on the agenda that's been reported? I think not for the mo' - DC said he didn't want to see the Union break up "on his watch" so he's unlikely to do so in the next five years. Scottish politics has seen a massive re-alignment but the economics has stayed the same and so have the arguments. How many voted SNP for anti - austerity rather than Independence Undoubtedly though there are many parts of the UK where government from Westminster is virtually an irrelevance.

The Tories - a proud track record of delivery? Here's some for starters:
  • Child poverty on the increase and will have increased in the UK by 39% by 2020 according to the Institute of Fiscal Studies.
  • The use of foodbanks has increased.
  • If migration is your bag - the ONS recorded an increase last year that was well short of the tens of thousands promised by Cameron.
  • The party for business - 50% of SME's fail within the first couple of years due to bank fund starvation, legislation and other factors.
  • Employment at an "all time low". HMRC have recorded a drop in tax receipts because the bulk are low paid and low skilled jobs on which struggling families are unable to build a future.

Yes the deficit is important but at what cost? I can tell you - at the cost of a fairer and more equitable society and the prospect of opportunity for all a distant goal for most.....
Gman2 is offline   Reply With Quote