Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th September 2014, 16:01   #11
fraz59
Loves to post

MG-ZT

Well I got the new PRT..fitted it and also got new antifreeze (OAT Stuff) followed the guide and still cant get rid of the airlock (I presume its an airlock)

have now done the procedure as described for bleeding the system 3 times now, have waited till the fan cuts in at 104/105 allowed to cool, checked the level when cool, and then took it for a drive

same as before....fine in and around traffic, temp gets up to around 87, but as soon as you get on motorway and speed up temp drops down to 67

have now no doubt flushed all the antifreeze out so will be getting more and try one again

just to confirm I am doing things correctly

Take out bleed screw on metal pipe (8mm one)

heater on hot (though mine is climate control so don't see why that would matter? but have ignition on with high setting)

Fill expansion bottle and allow coolant to come out bleed screw

re-fit bleed screw when at correct level in expansion tank, check it and top up if required ( have even checked it using a tape..93mm for the top)

start car and hold at about 2000 revs until level start to reach top of expansion bottle neck

Re-fit cap and continue to hold at 2000 revs till fan cuts in (checked it and does come on at 104/105

drop revs and allow fan to cut off

allow to cool and check level

take for drive and swear as heater temp gauge does the same thing as before

so I am doing it wrong perhaps??

one thing I have noticed is there is like small copper bits in the water...could this be some additive that is in there, I did flush the full system, also reversed flushed as well
fraz59 is offline   Reply With Quote