Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th September 2014, 22:45   #10
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich17865 View Post

I think a lot of the media hype has been on people voting yes, I suspect people voting no haven't been as outspoken as the people who aren't and that the actual outcome will be balanced much more in the direction of remaining as part of what isn't that bad after all, the UK.

I suspect very large numbers of those who would vote No have kept it quiet and low key to avoid the retribution of the so-called patriots. Then what happens in the polling booth is non-attributable. I also suspect that the venom of many of the Yes side activists in question will continue after the conclusion, whatever the outcome.

So much for Salmond's hype of a glittering future. All this has unnecessarily created division and animosity, unfortunately reinforcing totally false stereotypes of the Scottish people. Reminds me of the disgraceful antics of the BNP some time ago.

It should be remembered that it is a tiny minority of a few dozen idiots that are probably delaying the possibility of a further referendum some years away when maybe the time will more appropriate.

One of the big surprises in the campaign has been the transformation of Gordon Brown into what he really was all the time - a passionate and powerful Labour evangelist. Labour back in power before long?