Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th February 2014, 11:39   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

This has me beaten. The heaters in the mirrors are not working. I have now broken the passenger door mirror glass and removed it. Only the glass has been removed. I have included a photo as I can not for the life of me work out what to do. Exactly what am I trying to replace? Is it just the glass that gets replaced or is there a backing plate as well as the glass that gets replaced? From the photo there is a black rectangle in the middle with what looks like a grey surround, it is in fact black. How does these come apart and does the grey surround also get replaced?

At last I have it apart.

This is for right hand drive cars. For left had I guess use instructions for passenger side on the drivers side and drivers side instructions for passenger side

Tilt the mirror so up/down it is in the middle, IE horizontal. Turn the mirror glass fully in towards the car.

If doing passenger side, at the right hand side of the mirror glass wedge a knife between the mirror housing and the mirror. Using the knife push firmly the mirror horizontally towards the near side kerb, at the same time pull the left side of the mirror away from the housing. the left edge should then come away.

I have not done drivers side but I assume it is
Tilt the mirror so up/down it is in the middle, IE horizontal. Turn the mirror glass fully in towards the car
If doing drivers side, at the right hand side of the mirror glass wedge a knife between the mirror housing and the mirror. Using the knife push firmly the mirror horizontally towards the off side kerb, at the same time pull the right side of the mirror away from the housing. the right edge should then come away.

I will try to add some pictures later to help explain

macafee2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0654.jpg (133.9 KB, 483 views)

Last edited by Dragrad; 5th February 2017 at 23:46.. Reason: Consecutive posts, please use the edit or multi-quote options ;-)
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote