Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th October 2013, 23:11   #1
Radioguy
Banned

None

Default MG R NAVALL 1 Android Head Units Experiences, Questions concerns

Now that Some of the Android head Units re on the way, I thought that I would start this thread to answer questions and have you folks post your findings and experiences and keep it all in one Place for easy reference. I Will Keep a Summary at the first and Second post Naming the Post number if necessary so it will be easy to reference, So if you have a Question, Please post it here . If you Like It , Please post it here . If you have a problem, please post it here.
You and others will be able to come here , and click a Post link to answer your questions or How to.

FAQ's INSTALLATION

Q. Is this unit compatible with my car?

A. Yes it is Compatible with all years and models of ZT and 75's

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Q. Is there any How to's (text or video) available on the internet? If so, can you send me the link(s)?

A. Here are some youtube videos (Click here)

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Q. Will there be a wiring diagram with unit?

A. There is a quick guide as well as the full manual in the book.
The unit itself has special connectors for every option and external devices.
There is a diagram on top of the unit explaining what plugs in where and what it is for.
You can't plug the wrong plug in the wrong hole as they are all their own unique size plug and socket.
It really is simply plug and play for the connections

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Q. Where should I mount the aerial Supplied for the GPS Antenna?

A. The Sat Nav Receiver Unit is magnetized. There is a bulkhead immediately available, just 'stick' it there! Or if you want the Best signal, The units have a signal strength for the GPS. Try it on top and underneath and look at the strength. If it's just the same then fine but most I've installed the signal goes up by a bar or two when on top. If you do decide to put it under the dash behind the double din then mount it on the top of the metal crash beam not underneath as the signal really drops underneath.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Q. I am using the External Mic plugged to the back of the head unit . But people cannot hear me.

A/. We have had experience where the Mic comes unplugged sometimes when the head unit is put into its final position. Please check that it is plugged in.

Q. Can I set up the Steering wheel controls to suit my own preferences?

A. Once the loom is connected, the functionality has to be configured via the Device Settings menu on the unit and you can select the functions that you like.

Last edited by Radioguy; 20th October 2013 at 15:33..
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote