Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th October 2011, 11:15   #1
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts
Default Long overdue .

A debate starts in the COMMONS next week in relation to the paperwork about the HILLSBOROUGH disaster.

22 years later the bereaved are still looking for answers.

Opinions/thoughts ???
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 19:16   #2
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
FLYER: A debate starts in the COMMONS next week in relation to the paperwork about the HILLSBOROUGH disaster. 22 years later the bereaved are still looking for answers. Opinions/thoughts?
Seems like only yesterday that I watched the tragedy unfold live on tv, a hornets nest if ever there was one.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 19:23   #3
payner75t
Gets stuck in

Saab 900 convertible,Ford Mondeo zetec tdci

it would be nice for the families to get some sort of closure , but why has it taken 22 years ??? i think it's disgusting
payner75t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 19:27   #4
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Why do it straight away when you can leave it 22 yrs so that there is no one left to point the finger at..Probably beyond the long arm of the law as it were, retired, whatever..

We can't even lock people up for stuff they've done now, look at railtrack etc. No chance after 22 yrs.. Call me a cynic but.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/sep/27/peter-wright

Think he'll be getting most of the blame don't you???

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 19:35   #5
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

I read an article yesterday that stated the then liverpool chairman PETER ROBINSON had written to the FA and the police stating that he feared this match had the capability to be another HEYSEL.

His concerns were NOTED
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 19:43   #6
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

As i see it..... Liverpool fans turn up late for the game and are itching to get in the ground. The police do the kindest thing by letting them in, but because the game's being go on so long, there's a mad rush to get in..... and the inevitable happens.
When todays kick offs are delayed because of fans being late, is it because of a result of this tragedy - i dunno
damienp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 19:58   #7
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienp View Post
As i see it..... Liverpool fans turn up late for the game and are itching to get in the ground. The police do the kindest thing by letting them in, but because the game's being go on so long, there's a mad rush to get in..... and the inevitable happens.
When todays kick offs are delayed because of fans being late, is it because of a result of this tragedy - i dunno
Question is was it the kindest thing or was it because they were whoefully undermanned and wanted to confine what they may have seen as a tinderbox situation by cramming them in?? rather than dealing with the problem in the street....

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 20:29   #8
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitevanman View Post
Question is was it the kindest thing or was it because they were whoefully undermanned and wanted to confine what they may have seen as a tinderbox situation by cramming them in?? rather than dealing with the problem in the street....
Before i put my foot in it, i'll admit that i wasn't there, so i'm not aware of the full facts. Why were the supporters late?
Old 13th October 2011, 21:08   #9
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Prior to this tragedy it was by no means uncommon for the start of a match to be delayed when it was known that many supporters would arrive late through no fault on their part, in my opinion the failure to delay the start was the trigger for what unfolded.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 21:23   #10
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYER View Post
A debate starts in the COMMONS next week in relation to the paperwork about the HILLSBOROUGH disaster.

22 years later the bereaved are still looking for answers.

Opinions/thoughts ???
And they'll still be waiting another 22 years if they're only just getting round to a debate. A debate means a debate............ and that's all. It's not a promise to do anything.......... Just a chat about it.

My cynicism of parliament leads me to think this is just a discussion to sweep under the carpet some other under hand tax that's about to hit us.
Ok it's a hot subject, but 22 years and they want a debate. FFS.