Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th September 2012, 22:35   #1
Rover Raver
Avid contributor

MG

Default MG Z Saloon Build Records Found!

I have read on the MG Car Club's website that MG Motor UK Ltd has found the build records for the MG Z saloons and passed them onto the MGCC's Z Register.

Good news though this is, it suggests that information is available only to those who provide their MG Car Club membership. As I am not a member of any MG club by choice (i.e. I have had bad experiences from both main MG clubs in the past), this is of little use to me.

However, I am disappointed that over a year ago I was chasing up the whereabouts of this information with MG Motor UK Ltd and they had no idea where such data would be. I had also hoped that any information found would have been passed onto the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust who would make it available for viewing to all interested enthusiasts and members of the public. On a final point (which is of special interest to me), there is no information about the status of the production records for the Rover models and whether they will be handed to another party.

Can anyone else reliably ellaborate on this news?
Old 16th September 2012, 07:13   #2
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Raver View Post
I have read on the MG Car Club's website that MG Motor UK Ltd has found the build records for the MG Z saloons and passed them onto the MGCC's Z Register.

Good news though this is, it suggests that information is available only to those who provide their MG Car Club membership. As I am not a member of any MG club by choice (i.e. I have had bad experiences from both main MG clubs in the past), this is of little use to me.

However, I am disappointed that over a year ago I was chasing up the whereabouts of this information with MG Motor UK Ltd and they had no idea where such data would be. I had also hoped that any information found would have been passed onto the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust who would make it available for viewing to all interested enthusiasts and members of the public. On a final point (which is of special interest to me), there is no information about the status of the production records for the Rover models and whether they will be handed to another party.

Can anyone else reliably ellaborate on this news?
That's an interesting development, have been thinking of joining the MGCC for a while now, would like to get some information on my ZT as it'a quite a late one, so this may just tempt me.

Have been a member of the MGOC for some 11 years and have always found them incredibly helpful and knowledgeable in all areas of MG ownership and would always recommend people to join. Although membership is not cheap, they provide excellent back-up to the older MG's and are starting to look after the modern ones too which is what's needed.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 07:19   #3
Phil-T4

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Its not just the saloon models its all the Z models..

82,387 MG ZR,
27,519 MG ZS,
18,331 MG ZT,
8,098 MG ZT-T,
564 MG ZT V8
152 MG ZT-T V8.
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 08:34   #4
Rover Raver
Avid contributor

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
Its not just the saloon models its all the Z models..

82,387 MG ZR,
27,519 MG ZS,
18,331 MG ZT,
8,098 MG ZT-T,
564 MG ZT V8
152 MG ZT-T V8.

Sorry if my use of 'saloon' seemed rather ambiguous; I used it in a generic sense rather than implying a specific bodystyle.

@ Borg Warner:

Unfortunately my own experience with both MG clubs has not been good, particularly with local clubs who I have found rather rude and insular in respect of the 'wrong type of MG'. I have also experienced the somewhat dismissive attitudes expressed by 'figureheads' in both MG clubs in relation to the marque value of certain MGs and also the 'lesser' models from which a lot of MGs are derived. There has even been collective dismissal towards certain engine designs used in some cars because they were not MG engines - it hardly shows acceptance or enjoyment of all MG models, regardless of the attributes of the engineering or enhancement in performance.

Sadly all this killed any enthusiasm I had for the MG scene or even the MG marque in general; thank goodness my experience with the Rover and Land Rover marques has been far less cliquey and more embracing!

Last edited by Rover Raver; 16th September 2012 at 08:41..
Rover Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 10:54   #5
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

hmm i think i will give them a miss then.was thinking about joining as i had a load of stuff turn up this week much to my surprize including a free mag etc.this was because i used them to get some front rubber mats for the ztt.the srevice was good on the mats tho ordered one day turned up the next mind you they are only about twenty miles from me.this in comparison was good as the rears got of the bay ended up in scotland i got a set of mg shocks thanks to yodel.
Old 16th September 2012, 18:01   #6
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

Default Build Records

Requested information for my ZT. Came back after a couple of hours in Excel format. Not a great deal of useful information but my car came off the assmbly line at 12:30.08 ON 06/02/2002. It does confirm it was built as a ZT +190, for the UK market in Trophy Blue with Ash/Dark Smokestone trim.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 18:16   #7
Phil-T4

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Got my info too and agree with willshot, not a lot of useful information that is not on the VIN plate or the EPC, i was hoping to find out what options and "extras" (if any) the car had been built with.
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 19:30   #8
Simon.h
This is my second home

Previously owned- MG ZT V6 160 Y plate Lpg, MG ZT 190 2003 In Rare Celestial Factory Ordered Lpg MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshot View Post
Requested information for my ZT. Came back after a couple of hours in Excel format. Not a great deal of useful information but my car came off the assmbly line at 12:30.08 ON 06/02/2002. It does confirm it was built as a ZT +190, for the UK market in Trophy Blue with Ash/Dark Smokestone trim.
How do you go about getting the info?
MG ZT 190 2004 lpg
Simon.h is offline   Reply With Quote