Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th May 2017, 21:35   #1
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Default Urgent advice required on how to change mirror and holder

After a hit and run side swipe, my wing mirror was broken and its holder detached from the actuator.

My glass is not clipped etc., it sits inside a plastic holder through which the two heater terminals pass(so holder must be removable ) when broken the glass can be peeled off but as the terminals go with it, the holder requires removal and refitting?
I have complete replacement mirror assembly.

How do I remove the holder and glass ,equally how do I refit to the one on the vehicle?
Have included two photos to illustrate holder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0066.jpg (136.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0067.jpg (135.8 KB, 12 views)
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.

Last edited by Caskin; 12th May 2017 at 19:22.. Reason: UPDATE
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 21:44   #2
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Glass pops out with the use of a flat blade behind and twist, there are 4 ball & socket fixings which hold it in place. Once off, you'll see how the plastic casing is attached, 2 prongs which need pressing in to release. This is for bullet mirror casings.
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 11:05   #3
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Default Problem with Mirror change,please read and advise please,

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Glass pops out with the use of a flat blade behind and twist, there are 4 ball & socket fixings which hold it in place. Once off, you'll see how the plastic casing is attached, 2 prongs which need pressing in to release. This is for bullet mirror casings.
The mirror glass on my units is not clipped in or stuck in, its attached to its own holder, which clips onto the face of actuator motor. Recently I was side swiped, the force of the hit not only broke the glass but also detached the mirror complete with holder from the actuator face. The glass is easily peeled off the front of holder, but I have a replacement,
I would greatly appreciate knowing how to remove the mirror plus holder from my spare and how to fit to present mirror..Thanks
have included two photos illustrating holder to help with lame description!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0066.jpg (136.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0067.jpg (135.8 KB, 12 views)
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.

Last edited by Caskin; 12th May 2017 at 18:01.. Reason: info
Old 12th May 2017, 18:02   #4
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Please Bump me for a hopeful answer
Old 12th May 2017, 20:11   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Derek, I've found what may be useful to you from Ian, who kindly uploaded some pictures, hope this helps http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=175075
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2017, 20:37   #6
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
Derek, I've found what may be useful to you from Ian, who kindly uploaded some pictures, hope this helps http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=175075
Thank you kind Sir that's exactly what I was after, it all makes sense now...appreciate your effort and input on my behalf, having you guys around makes this Forum as good as it is