Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th October 2020, 12:01   #1
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Default Ride height issue

Hi everyone,
My 75 seems to keep on giving took it for alignment yesterday and on the test drive after the alignment I noticed the car had started to pull to the left. Today went back to shop for them to have a check at again and they said the alignment was spot on but they've noticed a ride height issue the car has a slight lean to the left an they said that explains why it pulls as well. So has anybody ever encountered that and if so what am I for ? Just to add upon visual inspection springs and shocks look fine the car passed an mot 2 days ago with no advisories
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2020, 12:15   #2
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

If it was ok before you took it in, it will be an alignment issue! I would take it somewhere else for a second opinion.
Old 8th October 2020, 12:15   #3
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

my first thought if something is wrong that wasn't before is 'what did you do to it last?'

Did you have the problem with pulling to the left before the wheel alignment or not?

A full alignment would include toe in/out, camber and possibly caster angle so would have thought any misalignment would be evident here in the measurements.

Possible I suppose that a tyre could have worn in a particular way and is now upset by the correct alignment - I had the same on my bus which pulled heavily to the left despite alignment and I found the tyre was heavily shouldered.

The fact the car 'leans' could still suggest a spring or rear arm issue perhaps, although something like this should have been evident on the MOT.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2020, 13:33   #4
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

The car wasn't pulling prior to the alignment the reason I took was because I had started to notice some shoulder wear on the front tyres . I also had tyre balancing done because I had some vibrations on the motorway which hasn't been cured so I think my issue is with CVs there.
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2020, 13:55   #5
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanos.m View Post
The car wasn't pulling prior to the alignment the reason I took was because I had started to notice some shoulder wear on the front tyres
Out of interest, try swapping tyres either side to side or swap with a rear one and see if that cures it - does sound like the shouldered tyre is now causing the problem after everything has been set up.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote