Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2014, 16:55   #1
french dave
Loves to post

rover 75

Default problems after euro tour

Dear All after a 2600 mile 2 week tour starting in Normandy and getting as far as San marino before heading back, I have a problem.
In Lyon I refilled with yet more fuel, and left the fuel cap behind, Does anyone in France have a spare they can sell me, before I look on ebay.

Car is a 2002 cdt, and we got 47 MPG not bad from an auto after going up some big alpine pass's.

One thing happened which was strange. Tried to get up the 21km Mont Ventoux where Chris Froome won the tour de France. After 16.5k, the car run out of power and the low oil presure light came on. It was hot, but not overhaeting. Had to turn back, and then ran out of brakes and had to stop for half an hour.

Any ideas as to why the oil light came on? Lack of air?

Dave
french dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2014, 16:59   #2
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by french dave View Post
Dear All after a 2600 mile 2 week tour starting in Normandy and getting as far as San marino before heading back, I have a problem.
In Lyon I refilled with yet more fuel, and left the fuel cap behind, Does anyone in France have a spare they can sell me, before I look on ebay.

Car is a 2002 cdt, and we got 47 MPG not bad from an auto after going up some big alpine pass's.

One thing happened which was strange. Tried to get up the 21km Mont Ventoux where Chris Froome won the tour de France. After 16.5k, the car run out of power and the low oil presure light came on. It was hot, but not overhaeting. Had to turn back, and then ran out of brakes and had to stop for half an hour.

Any ideas as to why the oil light came on? Lack of air?

Dave
possibly, add thickening oil, transducer on the edge of failure or dirty filters..
Also check PCV is not blocked (dipstick fountain syndrome)