Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th November 2012, 13:31   #1
guernsey
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi SE Contemporary Auto

Default Double Din problem

Hi all

I recently bought a Rover 75 really like the car, a CDTi Contemporary. it came fitted with a DD Stereo same as the ones Radioguy sells. Is a windows CE type, not sure what version of CE it is using.

The problem I have is that as soon as the SatNav is selected the sound starts cutting out, every press of the menus makes the audio cut out for a moment, it goes to a very low barely audible volume, does the same for any audio source, when the SatNav (Primo) is not in use all audio sources work perfectly with no cutting out at all.

Even just viewing the map with no route programmed causes the audio to cut out regulary. It will cut out the audio source be it radio, SD, Bluetooth or cd every minute or so. This does not seem normal? Is there something I can do to get the audio and SatNav working at the same time. The sound quality is very good and the SatNav works very well just not during audio playback!! Bluetooth also works fine during phone calls.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks
guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 14:22   #2
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by guernsey View Post
Hi all

I recently bought a Rover 75 really like the car, a CDTi Contemporary. it came fitted with a DD Stereo same as the ones Radioguy sells. Is a windows CE type, not sure what version of CE it is using.

The problem I have is that as soon as the SatNav is selected the sound starts cutting out, every press of the menus makes the audio cut out for a moment, it goes to a very low barely audible volume, does the same for any audio source, when the SatNav (Primo) is not in use all audio sources work perfectly with no cutting out at all.

Even just viewing the map with no route programmed causes the audio to cut out regulary. It will cut out the audio source be it radio, SD, Bluetooth or cd every minute or so. This does not seem normal? Is there something I can do to get the audio and SatNav working at the same time. The sound quality is very good and the SatNav works very well just not during audio playback!! Bluetooth also works fine during phone calls.

Any advice much appreciated

Thanks
I thought the radio cut out when the satnav was telling you where to go and visa/versa. why would you want to listen to both at the same time.!!

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 14:28   #3
guernsey
Loves to post

Julien

The audio source does indeed cut out when the SatNav is giving instructions, this is an obvious part of the functionality.

The issue is that even when the SatNav is not programmed the audio source cuts out, this happens around every minute or so and is not right. When the SatNav programme is exited there is no playback issue at all.

Last edited by guernsey; 12th November 2012 at 21:50.. Reason: spelling
Old 12th November 2012, 14:32   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
The audio source does indeed cut out when the SatNav is giving instructions, this is an obvious part of the functionality.

The issue is that even when the SatNav is not programmed the audio source cuts out, this happens around every minute or so and is not right. When the SatNav programme is exited there is no playback issue at all.
When the satnav makes announcements, it cuts the other audio sources to do it. If you have the satnav volume set too low, you will hear nothing, but the audio will still cut out - especially for cameras etc...

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2012, 14:46   #5
guernsey
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
When the satnav makes announcements, it cuts the other audio sources to do it. If you have the satnav volume set too low, you will hear nothing, but the audio will still cut out - especially for cameras etc...
The SatNav is not making any announcements, I am only viewing the map, nothing has been programmed and all volume levels are up so I do not expect the audio source to cut out, it cuts out every minute or so which is annoying, when navigating the announcements are audible and that obviously cuts out the source audio but the source audio is constantly cutting out which is very annoying, it works fine when the SatNav programme is not running, no cutting out at all.

If this were normal operation nobody would buy these units, I am just after some advice on how to resolve this problem.

Last edited by guernsey; 12th November 2012 at 14:54.. Reason: spelling
Old 12th November 2012, 15:04   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
The SatNav is not making any announcements, I am only viewing the map, nothing has been programmed and all volume levels are up so I do not expect the audio source to cut out, it cuts out every minute or so which is annoying, when navigating the announcements are audible and that obviously cuts out the source audio but the source audio is constantly cutting out which is very annoying, it works fine when the SatNav programme is not running, no cutting out at all.

If this were normal operation nobody would buy these units, I am just after some advice on how to resolve this problem.
Hi Richard,

The Double Din units when running Igo8 sat nav can have points of interest set to make an audiable noise when approaching, such as speed cameras.
It could be that the poi mute audio has been enabled in the root of the card for lots of things, i.e. garages, cafes etc.
If that is the case you would have to take the card out of the nav slot and put it into a computer to change the settings.
What would be the best solution is to contact Tony Fry on here via Pm as he is the expert on the satnav cards and would be able to assist you further.
I should think he will be able to talk you through the settings on the card and how to set it up so it doesn't do what it is now
Good Luck and hope you get it sorted soon.
Old 12th November 2012, 15:12   #7
guernsey
Loves to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Richard,

The Double Din units when running Igo8 sat nav can have points of interest set to make an audiable noise when approaching, such as speed cameras.
It could be that the poi mute audio has been enabled in the root of the card for lots of things, i.e. garages, cafes etc.
If that is the case you would have to take the card out of the nav slot and put it into a computer to change the settings.
What would be the best solution is to contact Tony Fry on here via Pm as he is the expert on the satnav cards and would be able to assist you further.
I should think he will be able to talk you through the settings on the card and how to set it up so it doesn't do what it is now
Good Luck and hope you get it sorted soon.
Thanks Jeff , I will try and get a hold of him.

I was watching this video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3TGS...eature=related

The user is able to navigate through the SatNav menus whilst listening to uninterupted radio music, every press of a SatNav menu button causes my source audio to cut out as well as the intermitent cutting out whilst just viewing the map!
Old 12th November 2012, 21:48   #8
guernsey
Loves to post

** SOLVED **

I have found the solution to this, I had edit to the systxt file to include

sound_muted=1

under the [SOUND] part of the config

No more annoying cutting out of the audio

Thanks to the guys at austech.info