Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st October 2015, 13:22   #1
Uppo

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Handrake mod to sodden carpet-now more.

Hi all,

Had a busy morning. Did the handbrake mod-thanks Artic. Worst bit for me was getting out the 2 awkward screws in the console and fighting the carpet-getting a bit old for wrestling I think. But it is done and handbrake is good now. Ax usual when I do anything on this car I usually find something else. The O/S carpet was sodden with standing water underneath. Thought I would check plenums first-the crucial one near ECU was fine. However when I jacked up the O/S to try to look at the one under the brake servo a big rush of water came out of the N/S drain pipe. Must have moved to that side when I jacked it up. The O/S pipe was blocked I think-this should be sorted now. I'm hoping this was the explanation for the water in the car.
I've never had the wheels off and thought I'd take a look as sometimes the brake fault message comes on briefly at start up-so far I've ignored this as I believe it can be an issue. What I found was that the wheel nuts on all four wheels had been over tightened. I needed to get a big bar to budge them. Now they are correct. And...the rear brake discs look excessively rusted-so I think new discs and pads needed. That's next weekend sorted then!
Part of me wishes I'd taken the dog out for a long walk instead but really I'm pleased that these things are being sorted without large garage bills.
Oh-forgot to say I put in new orange bulbs in the front indicators-they were basically white with all the paint peeled off. I believe this can be an MOT failure.
Uppo is offline   Reply With Quote