Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th March 2008, 07:34   #1
chris_uk10

mg zt 190

Default help with steering wheel sensor arrrrrrrrgggghhh

hi
i have recently replaced an aftermarket stereo in my zt to an original single din radio cd the cd 40 model looks great as it now matches the dash with the red colour it plugged straight into the vehicle loom and worked straight away the only thing that doesnt is the steering wheel controls and there is a plug vacant in the back of the player which according to the instructions that came with it is the plug for the controls. Unfortunatly i cant find a sensor there seems to be a place in the "eyebrow on looking at it but im assume the numpty who had the car before just went and threw it away as the aftermarket one didnt work on the steering wheel. I have a few questions

1/ Where the hell am i going to get a sensor from tried all the breakers and they all come back with "dont know what you are talking about mate"

2/ Are they all the same the the plug on my stereo has offset plugs

3/ Are they stand alone ie they get there power from the stereo itself and not from the vehicle wiring

4/ Has any one a picture of one id like to see what im missing and send various breakers a picture then maybe they can help

Well thanks for reading this hope someone can help out there in Rover land as i really want to get this working as its the first car ive had thats had them and i hate toys that dont work

Chris
chris_uk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2008, 08:45   #2
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Only the Kenwood unit fitted to some ZTs had an infra red remote control, all the others and all 75s are hard wired, the cables are Blue/Purple and Blue/Orange, but it depends what unit the car originally had as to where they are, if it was a Harmony unit they are in the 17 pin BMW plug, Symphony in the power ISO plug and the others it is in it;'s own green mini ISO plug.

If it originally had the infra red system the cables are Blue/Purple and Black and connect to a box fixed to the bulkhead behind the radio that the LED lead is connected to.

The main power ISO plug has a standard wiring layout for five of the eight pins, leaving three spare, which the Symphony uses two of for the steering control cables (the other for the phone mute). The speaker cable ISO plug layout is all to the same standard.

The steering control system is part of the radio unit, not the car power system.

Last edited by raykay; 28th March 2008 at 09:12..
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote