Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2014, 12:19   #1
MOTORMANIA007

MG ZT+ 120

Cool what replacement speakers?

Hiya some advice please, I have recently purchased a MG ZT and I want to upgrade the speakers to more better ones which have a bassier sound, does anyone have any ideas of which ones would fit and which would be best, I was also thinking of putting in an amp & sub but to be honest I am looking for speakers which would give me the sound quality and then I would not have to put the sub & amp in? If you have any links to websites where they can be purchased that would be good, thanks in advance

Pete
MOTORMANIA007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 12:39   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTORMANIA007 View Post
Hiya some advice please, I have recently purchased a MG ZT and I want to upgrade the speakers to more better ones which have a bassier sound, does anyone have any ideas of which ones would fit and which would be best, I was also thinking of putting in an amp & sub but to be honest I am looking for speakers which would give me the sound quality and then I would not have to put the sub & amp in? If you have any links to websites where they can be purchased that would be good, thanks in advance

Pete
Hi Pete,

You need 165mm size speakers front and rear.
I would suggest components in the front and full range coaxial type speakers in the rear.

The speakers we sell as traders on here and recommend are the Hertz speakers.
If you send me a Pm I can give you more information
Old 6th May 2014, 12:52   #3
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

If you are going to keep your current radio, chances are that the speakers won't make much (if any) difference.

When I bought my Android DD unit I also decided to change the speakers. I went for Pioneer TS-G1723i because they have a big range, good power output (don't be fooled by other brands screaming how they have 300w speakers. Most is maximum power, which does NOT reflect the quality of the sound at all), and they fit very nicely.
But I replaced the speakers before I changed the radio, and it made pretty much no difference at all.

When I got my Android DD, I immediately heard the difference. The DD units gives more wattage, more clear sound and much better control of the frequencys (long live the equalizer).
Old 6th May 2014, 12:57   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
If you are going to keep your current radio, chances are that the speakers won't make much (if any) difference.

When I bought my Android DD unit I also decided to change the speakers. I went for Pioneer TS-G1723i because they have a big range, good power output (don't be fooled by other brands screaming how they have 300w speakers. Most is maximum power, which does NOT reflect the quality of the sound at all), and they fit very nicely.
But I replaced the speakers before I changed the radio, and it made pretty much no difference at all.

When I got my Android DD, I immediately heard the difference. The DD units gives more wattage, more clear sound and much better control of the frequencys (long live the equalizer).
I would have to disagree and agree in the same sentence
The factory fit oem radios do not have the best of pre and power amp stages but a good set of speakers will improve matters somewhat

Although a better quality head unit ( such as the android double din )will improve things much further still

Then of course we could start treating the car panels with dynamat , adding external amps, the list goes on
Old 6th May 2014, 13:06   #5
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I would think that the biggest difference will be made by replacing the unit from OEM to something else?

Changing speakers, using amps, soundinsulation could then be used to gain a bit more and dot the 'i''s.
Old 6th May 2014, 13:33   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
I would think that the biggest difference will be made by replacing the unit from OEM to something else?

Changing speakers, using amps, soundinsulation could then be used to gain a bit more and dot the 'i''s.
There is the old saying of 'garbage in, garbage out' but in my twenty years of working in the electronic audio business I have found that no one part makes a whole and attacking the problem from either end will reap benefits.
Just as a head unit with lack of power will not drive a speaker well, neither will a speaker with low sensitivity and poor frequency range sound good on an improved front end source and amplification !
The other question is, maybe for what ever reason the OP may want to keep the oem look with the radio that is there.

Just my opinion mind

Last edited by coolcat; 6th May 2014 at 13:35..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote