Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st July 2009, 12:47   #1
Ray squires
Posted a thing or two

MGZT 180 sport, MG6 1.8 turbo

Default Walnut Dash Company

Hi Guys

Too any members who may have outstanding orders.

Ive just heard from the Walnut Dash Company about an outstanding kit i ordered some time ago.Apparently they have had a bad batch of Walnut colour match delivered and have stopped production as a result.They should to be receiving a fresh batch of colour and starting production within the next couple of days.The owner and his wife have been away on holiday for 2 weeks and found this on there return.
I have been assured that all orders will be met but it may take upto another 10 days to catch up.

Ray
Ray squires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 14:29   #2
Departed
Retired

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray squires View Post
Hi Guys

Too any members who may have outstanding orders.

Ive just heard from the Walnut Dash Company about an outstanding kit i ordered some time ago.Apparently they have had a bad batch of Walnut colour match delivered and have stopped production as a result.They should to be receiving a fresh batch of colour and starting production within the next couple of days.The owner and his wife have been away on holiday for 2 weeks and found this on there return.
I have been assured that all orders will be met but it may take upto another 10 days to catch up.

Ray
Just received the same message, but had started to get worried as mine was ordered a month ago and they didn't reply to my email initially.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2009, 19:12   #3
mimbo
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 216 Coupe

Ordered mine on sunday

Have sent them a e mail, asking them why the kits are cheaper on e bay

£70.14 my total order

P.James (Member 6589 ) Nuts about the 75

Last edited by mimbo; 22nd July 2009 at 11:00..
mimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 08:48   #4
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

Default Walnut Dash Co.

Sent them an email last night after discovering that they are selling them on Ebay for £35.99 + £11.00 Postage (or make an offer).
I ordered mine by phone at the end of last week & was charged £49.99 + £11.00 Postage + VAT !
The price difference is bad enough but I can't see anywhere on their website where it states that prices are + VAT.
Awaiting reply.
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:11   #5
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

I had a bad experience with this crowd a few ago.

I ordered the walnut kit and they sent me the wrong radio bit. Despite numerous emails and phonecalls they never sent out the correct one.

I eventually fitted a double din unit and never got that piece from them

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:46   #6
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Walnut company

I bought the kit recently, advertised on e bay at £39.ish.
My offer, was accepted and VAT was not added to the final amount. I am well satisfied with the kit itself.
Their communications were excellent as their picture is so bad that I couldn't select which parts I wanted.
They e mailed twice to check.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:11   #7
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

I fitted a full kit a couple of years ago and I've been very pleased with it until month or so ago I noticed that the front passenger window switch "wood" had started to lift away from the black plastic. Closer inspection revealed that the adhesive was still stuck to the plastic but the "wood" panel had lifted away. All the other bits seem fine. I tried sticking it back down again but it just didn't look right.

They do the window switch panels on their own, so I ordered a set - I think with P&P it was about £40 all in. All looking lovely again now (at a price).
Old 23rd July 2009, 00:12   #8
jon75v6
Loves to post

mgzt-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray squires View Post
The owner and his wife have been away on holiday for 2 weeks and found this on there return.

Ray
This technically is not true! i received that email from them on the 15th after going to paypal for non receipt of goods and if they were on holiday how was it i received 2 emails from carol @ the walnut dash company ,
i again received the same email from them yesterday so i asked them if it was 10 days from the original email on the 15th or another ten days from yesterday.
they replied that it was going to be another ten days from yesterday

now i would not mind but according to trebor, the owner of the company was in hospital and his wife and employees were trying to run the company in his abscense
see post 13 on the link http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...t=40621&page=2

Last edited by jon75v6; 23rd July 2009 at 00:15..
jon75v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:30   #9
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

i got a kit on ebay last year,buy it now or make an offer..made the offer and won it for £27.00.when the kit arrived i looked at it on the fly sheet and the finish was cloudy with an orange peel effect to the finish.fitted a few pieces to the car removed them with disgust.got in touch with them,but got no sense out of them..wonder if the difference in prices could mean they that some of the kits could be seconds?
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:47   #10
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

I had the same experience - my batch bought via E-bay had a "mottled" finish.

I called them straight away and they sent a replacement batch out the same day. I in turn sent the damaged batch back to them. The second batch was fine and is now fitted to my '75.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote