Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th March 2015, 05:35   #1
Paulontour
Avid contributor

MGZT 190 and MGF VVC

Default Front springs

It's well documented on here about the front springs prone to breaking. New OE springs are available, but how do aftermarket springs compare. KYB springs are available on eBay and ECP do spring sets. Are these also susceptible to breaking or are they more robust. Also these aftermarket springs don't appear to come colour coded and it looks like one part fits all, is that correct.
Paulontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 05:53   #2
thundercat
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Club SE

Well my 54 plate CDTI Saloon has covered 125,000, the rear springs were changed under warranty by the first owner ( I am the second). Where I live the roads are not to bad with no speed humps. I would have thought that any spring for the 75 would be ok, I am sure if these springs were rubbish we would soon get to now about it on here
thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 05:58   #3
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulontour View Post
It's well documented on here about the front springs prone to breaking. New OE springs are available, but how do aftermarket springs compare. KYB springs are available on eBay and ECP do spring sets. Are these also susceptible to breaking or are they more robust. Also these aftermarket springs don't appear to come colour coded and it looks like one part fits all, is that correct.

Go to the KYB Website and download their catalog first. It is not a one part fits all company, they list a number of variants so get the right code number from the catalog then search for that number on ebay if buying from there.

KYB do break though. I fitted a pair of rears about 5 years ago and both were broken when I checked recently.

Wouldn't want you to think they are impervious to corrosion. I'm planning to buy a pair of fronts for my new auto from them soon though.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 06:59   #4
mbev51
Banned

Removed

hi
my tourer has now had all 4 springs replaced. three by the previous owner and last one by me recently. I paid £25 DELIVERED FOR A GENUINE ROVER one,didnt consider going aftermarket. No idea if genuine rover will be any better than the originals.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2015, 07:04   #5
Paulontour
Avid contributor

MGZT 190 and MGF VVC

Just been looking at the KYB and ECP catalogue. ECP offer a Sach spring one part number fits all and so does the KYB. Same part number whether its a 120, 190 or CDTI. Its all a bit confusing really. I think I might just get some OE springs with the colour coding.
Paulontour is offline   Reply With Quote