Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th November 2011, 08:03   #1
Le Titien
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 KV6 Manual

Default Greetings from Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetBoy View Post

The 75 is a conundrum. It's the best and worst car I've ever owned all rolled into to one. It's like the girl you were always to scared to ask out because she was too good looking. Then one night you're inebriated and you pluck up the courage and she says yes. A year later, she's spent all your money and she's shagging your best friend but, by 'eck, it was fun getting there.

The 75 is an enthusiast's car. Unless you're prepared to spend a lot of time and money on one don't buy one.
Thank you for the warning, but it’s too late, I’ve bought one of those “too good looking girls”… And she has already blasted my wallet with 4 new Dunlop Sport 01, a new camshaft belt (aargh !) and a few other details.

She’s a 2001 Saloon 2.0 V6 with 145 000 km (90 000 miles), and now the dream may begin : smooth, comfortable, a real enjoyment with lots of wood , leather and chrome as I’ve always desired. Of course, I haven’t forgotten my old 4 rings-5 cylinders made in Germany : once you’ve heard the music of the eighties from Ingolstadt, you’re hopelessly addicted, but I wanted something different of my ‘86 Audi 90 and ’81 Audi 100 CD 5E.

My name is Etienne, and I’m writing from Charleroi, Belgium. I’m reading you for a few weeks, and I’m impressed to find so many enthusiasts with such a knowledge about this car you don’t meet every day, even in Britain : last month, I’ve been to South Wales (Swansea-The Mumbles and Brecon Beacon’s National Park), and I haven’t seen so many ‘75s.
And now some pictures :

Near Brecon, South Wales :

My first love :

... and her sister

Le Titien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 08:37   #2
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Nice car, same colour as mine. The enjoyment and expense begins!

I used to have a passat GL5 estate which was nice to drive but cut out every 13 miles (or when the engine was nicely warmed up). Used to drive me crazy so I got rid...shame really.

Nobody could find out what was wrong with it.
Old 10th November 2011, 09:28   #3
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Hello Mr Le Titien, and welcome to the club! That's a lovely car with a great specification... I used to work in Charleroi at the Volvo Truck garage; wish I had my '75 then as it would've made my commute to and from Mons much more comfortable! I'll be visiting friends in Belgium soon, so will let you know!

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 08:17   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hi Etienne and welcome to this great club. If you go to Wales again post it up as I expect some of the members there would love to see your 75 and give you Welsh cakes and rarebit
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 11:43   #5
Le Titien
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 KV6 Manual

In Wales again ? why not, I really enjoyed my stay there, but I havent't been courageous enough to try rarebit or Welsh cake . Just that kind of beer "draught" you can't find anywhere else than in the British Isles. In fact it was for my wedding anniversary (18 years !). Every year my wife and I spend a few days in a nice region or country. Except London, it's the second time in U.K. : first time was a few years ago on the south coast (Eastbourne - Brighton).

Greendriver : If you ever know what happened with your Passat GL 5 (nice car indeed !), please let me know : a friend of mine is getting crazy with the same problem on his quattro

Hello Leopard, if you come back to Charleroi, let me know, you know I have plenty of Belgian beer in the cellar

And for the Rover : I hope I will keep her in good conditions for a very long time. It's a petrol engine, not frequent at all here : 9 on 10 are diesel.
Old 18th November 2011, 22:23   #6
ErikB
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Bonjour Etienne,

Very nice car you've got. I think the Rover is the same as an MG: keep it in a top condition and attack every problem at the very early beginning and you get soo much back. Threat them well and they are great cars.

Salutions,
from the Flemish region
ErikB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2011, 09:52   #7
Le Titien
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 KV6 Manual

Dag Erik,

Another Belgian here, I feel less alone

This Rover is my first British car and I hope I'll keep her at the top. There's a former Rover dealer not far away form here (I'm not a mechanic wizard !), but maybe in the future I'll need some science from the people here.

Etienne
Old 20th November 2011, 16:38   #8
MASTIFF2
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 CDT TOURERS X2 !

Hi Etienne

Nice to see you here , I also have friends in Belgium and visit often , Leopoldsburg and Maasiek usually but also near La Gleize.

welcome to the forum.

regards
Brian
Old 21st November 2011, 10:54   #9
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Hi Etienne,

I was in Belgium about 18 months ago, stayed at the Landal Green Park, not far from Charleroi at Eau d'Heure, Froidchapelle.

Sadly I didnt take the 75, but did notice quite a few in the area.

Lovely part of the world, very much enjoyed my stay

Simon
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:26   #10
ErikB
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

You become more technical once you own a British car. They're not bad, but need some extra attention
ErikB is offline   Reply With Quote