Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Wales
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2012, 16:30   #1
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Default Visit-meeting at/to Jules, and Colwyn Bay.. 19th Aug 2012.

Further to the North Wales meeting we were organising, we have now received a brilliant offer from Jules and Isabel (Mrs Jules) I copy/pasted details of said offer below.. >>>

""Mrs Jules said we can add a rendezvous here if you like (up to 25 cars!!)

Refreshments will be served and a Photo shoot opportunity in the Woods
If I'm not on the prom in time you can lead the way but maybe tell em to stagger the Convoy to max 3 cars at a time up Nant Y Glyn lane in case of opposing traffic!".....<<<
.................................................. .........

In view of this excellant offer I think we need to modify the original plan somewhat.

I now propose the following..

I leave the Romper at 12-40 pm (Wilmslow Road, Near Manchester airport, WA15 8XJ). accompanied by anyone who wishes to join me..

Arrive at the Hollow tree at 1PM usual time....(Tarporley Road, Stretton, Warrington, Cheshire WA4 4LX).

Those wishing to visit Jules- Colwyn Bay will set off from there at 1.15 pm to arrive at Colwyn Bay at approx 2-15 PM.. (Park up between lamp posts numbered 100 and 101. Numbers start off town end and progress Eastwards..) .. .. We can then organise cars into groups of three to go on to Jules place..

On route I will pop into the car park at Mold McDonalds to collect MrJones (approx 1.45 PM) and anyone else that may be there. Well, not all of em, just those that wish to join us..

Once there, we can discuss a possible (optional) trip up to the café car park on top of the Great Orme for a further photo shoot later in the day.. (But not before we have eaten all Jules biscuits) :P

This might be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get biscuits at Jules place.. DO NOT MISS IT !!!!!! ..

I assume Jules will be available to accommodate anyone wishing to buy bits and pieces while we are there.. (Once he has had a lie down to recover from the loss of some biscuits that is)..

Additional info:--
Just done a search, and the lamp post numbers recommended last time were numbers 100 and 101. So we meet between those two OK...

Come off the A55 at Jctn 22, turn toward the sea, then at the sea front go left till you pass lamp post number 101... (it's not far).. Then park up facing the sea..

List of poss attendees.. (oops just realised.. In view of the Jules visit, it will help to know how many occupants each car will contain.. )

1/ James. (2)
2/ Jimbo.
3/ Godfer..
4/ MrJonesWales. (2)
5/ rich17865 .
6/ Flying Banana.
7/ exentric.
8/ Robbberd.
9/ Pennineview. (2)
10/ oswestryalex

EVENT DISCLAIMER

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the Club’s public liability insurance. Also the Owners Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

Last edited by James.uk; 17th August 2012 at 18:05.. Reason: Correct disclaimer substituted ;-)
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:34   #2
Godfer
Posted a thing or two

Seafrost 75

Sounds like a plan to me...and a good day out!

Count me in (please) Sir!

A lovely Seafrost 1.8T
Godfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:37   #3
James.uk
Passed Away

Okie dokie. i will start a new list under-on my first post.

Last edited by James.uk; 23rd July 2012 at 16:40..
Old 23rd July 2012, 19:04   #4
mrjoneswales

MG ZT-T 190+

[QUOTE=James.uk;1060853]Further to the North Wales meeting we were organising, we have now received a brilliant offer from Jules and Isabel (Mrs Jules) I copy/pasted details of said offer below.. >>>

""Mrs Jules said we can add a rendezvous here if you like (up to 25 cars!!)

Refreshments will be served and a Photo shoot opportunity in the Woods
If I'm not on the prom in time you can lead the way but maybe tell em to stagger the Convoy to max 3 cars at a time up Nant Y Glyn lane in case of opposing traffic!".....<<<
.................................................. .........

In view of this excellant offer I think we need to modify the original plan somewhat.

I now propose the following..

I leave the Romper at 12-40 pm (Wilmslow Road, Near Manchester airport, WA15 8XJ). accompanied by anyone who wishes to join me..

Arrive at the Hollow tree at 1PM usual time....(Tarporley Road, Stretton, Warrington, Cheshire WA4 4LX).

Those wishing to visit Jules- Colwyn Bay will set off at from there at 1.15 pm to arrive at Colwyn Bay at approx 2-15 PM.. (park up on the East side of the pier as close as poss to the pier itself.. Facing the sea, that's the right hand side).. .. We can then organise cars into groups of three to go on to Jules place..

Once there, we can discuss a possible (optional) trip up to the café car park on top of the Great Orme for a further photo shoot later in the day.. (But not before we have eaten all Jules biscuits) :P

This might be a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get biscuits at Jules place.. DO NOT MISS IT !!!!!! ..

I assume Jules will be available to accommodate anyone wishing to buy bits and pieces while we are there.. (Once he has had a lie down to recover from the loss of some biscuits that is)..

List of poss attendees.. (oops just realised.. In view of the Jules visit, it will help to know how many occupants each car will contain.. )

James. (2)
Jimbo.
Godfer..
Mrjoneswales (2)
mrjoneswales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 21:04   #5
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

James

Other thread closed with a link to this one, I'll also place a link in the NW regional forum.

I think my good lady will be joining us on the 19th, unsure as to what I will be driving
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2012, 22:03   #6
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts

Erm evening James & Frank.
Mrs Jules says the Pier and parts of Colwyn Bay prom are blocked off at the mo and if you remember some members missed finding us at the last meet!!
(I haven't been out for weeks so it was a shock to me)

What I suggest is you all meet EAST of the pier just BEFORE the new Colwyn Bay Water sports Centre (not finished yet so lots of upheaval)

See here
http://www.northwalespioneer.co.uk/n...olwyn-bay.aspx

All the lamposts are numbered, so I will try and find 2 suitable lamposts that we can all meet between ok?

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 00:36   #7
James.uk
Passed Away

Thank you Jimbo..

Hiya Jules.. Thanks for the info, the Pier car park was open last time I came over, so it's a good job you let us know..

We have a Welsh member, Mr Jones, coming with us, all being well we can make use of his local knowledge and stick him up front. I can be tail end Charlie and keep an eye out for stragglers..

We do need the lamp post numbers though, and which way they run, so we don't turn the wrong way when we reach the prom from Junction 22...

As if... perish the thought.. lmho...
Old 24th July 2012, 04:23   #8
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Looks like Jules will need a tin of biscuits to feed an army Looks like fun and if the weather holds even better.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 06:43   #9
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Ok I'm in, would be good to see Jules, so there is the deadline for those pcb's big man! Don't worry though, I am not a big fan of biscuits, I don't see why you get such a tough time for not dishing them out, tell people to take their own!
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2012, 16:25   #10
James.uk
Passed Away

Nice one Rich -- added...