Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd February 2018, 19:40   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Default 9" Double Din £132.71 with Code

The cheapest I've seen the 9" E46 DD.

Not the latest android 8 model, but it has Quad Core and running android 6.0, has 2G RAM and 16G internal memory.

Price without code £161.84.

Price with code £132.71 with FREE Shipping.

Use code CAR18OFF to get the discounted price.

Gearbest Clicky Me!!!

Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 10:22   #2
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Noooooo Wes. How many have you bought.

Blackrose
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 13:29   #3
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
Noooooo Wes. How many have you bought.

Blackrose
Tempting isn't it Steve...
Old 4th February 2018, 18:28   #4
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Good price that, even if its in China. May not fit in properly though due to how the harness fits in the back, but be interested to see how its fits.

Just out of curiosity how would the warranty work with something like this being that its outside the UK?
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 21:26   #5
akirru

Rover 75

So this wouldn't be a direct fit Or is it just plug and play?
akirru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 14:23   #6
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbarelly View Post
Good price that, even if its in China. May not fit in properly though due to how the harness fits in the back, but be interested to see how its fits.

Just out of curiosity how would the warranty work with something like this being that its outside the UK?
Hi Jubbs, Gearbest offer a 30 day unconditional refund guarantee for unopened & unused items, 45 day money back guarantee, one year warranty, also free technical support over the lifetime of your product. Returning items and claiming under warranty should be no different, you are also protected by your card provider when using your CC.

All UK agents of these units deal directly with the manufactures, they also like you aim for customers to deal direct with the manufacture when raising a warranty claim.

I myself recently purchased several phones from Gearbest, one developed a fault. I opened a ticket on my Gearbest account, they asked me could I upload a video of the fault, which I done. The next day I was fully refunded back to my original payment method, I didn't even have to return the phone.

Its safe to say all these aftermarket BMW style stereo's are from China, its the same with the warranties. Gearbest have several warehouse outlets in the UK and Europe, so returning items isn't necessarily a big problem, even to China. One of the members here returned a faulty DD back to Lightinthebox, he was fully refunded for the product and the return shipping cost.

Regarding fitment, all these BMW style stereo's are aimed at BMW's, not Rover 75's. Its just an added bonus the BMW design will also fit the R75's and MGZT's, sometimes a bit of tinkering is involved as you now. The 9" units are quite shallow in depth due to no DVD mechanism, I would imagine the 17 or 40 pin loom will have enough room in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akirru View Post
So this wouldn't be a direct fit Or is it just plug and play?
It should be just plug & play, but as above, sometimes there is a bit of tinkering involved with all these BMW styled units...

Many of these units are listed to fit the following vehicles...

BMW 3 Series E46 1998 - 2001 with old 17 pin connector.
BMW 3 Series E46 2002 - 2006 with new 40 pin connector.
BMW M3 1998 - 2006.
BMW E46 3er 318 320 325.
Rover 75 1999 - 2004.
MG ZT 2001 - 2004.

There is some information halfway down this listing HERE...

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Dallas; 5th February 2018 at 14:43..
Old 5th February 2018, 18:21   #7
jubbarelly
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180 SE Poseidon, Peugeot 508 GT Sport Tourer

Ok cool. Thanks for that.

Is everything on there in UK stock then, if they have UK agents and do the items go back to a UK warranty repair centre or to China?

Who offers the basic technical support for the items that are for sale on there - Gearbest or the UK agent?

I dont get any of my customers to deal direct to the manufacturer as I like to sort that out myself.

Yes the deckless units arent as deep as the DVD drive units, but with the way the harness is (big block connector) compared to the smaller connector on the Xtrons, may get in the way of the back of the dash as that one is quite alot bigger in depth. Like I say be interested to see how it fitted.

Cheers
Jubbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Hi Jubbs, Gearbest offer a 30 day unconditional refund guarantee for unopened & unused items, 45 day money back guarantee, one year warranty, also free technical support over the lifetime of your product. Returning items and claiming under warranty should be no different, you are also protected by your card provider when using your CC.

All UK agents of these units deal directly with the manufactures, they also like you aim for customers to deal direct with the manufacture when raising a warranty claim.

I myself recently purchased several phones from Gearbest, one developed a fault. I opened a ticket on my Gearbest account, they asked me could I upload a video of the fault, which I done. The next day I was fully refunded back to my original payment method, I didn't even have to return the phone.

Its safe to say all these aftermarket BMW style stereo's are from China, its the same with the warranties. Gearbest have several warehouse outlets in the UK and Europe, so returning items isn't necessarily a big problem, even to China. One of the members here returned a faulty DD back to Lightinthebox, he was fully refunded for the product and the return shipping cost.

Regarding fitment, all these BMW style stereo's are aimed at BMW's, not Rover 75's. Its just an added bonus the BMW design will also fit the R75's and MGZT's, sometimes a bit of tinkering is involved as you now. The 9" units are quite shallow in depth due to no DVD mechanism, I would imagine the 17 or 40 pin loom will have enough room in that area.

It should be just plug & play, but as above, sometimes there is a bit of tinkering involved with all these BMW styled units...

Many of these units are listed to fit the following vehicles...

BMW 3 Series E46 1998 - 2001 with old 17 pin connector.
BMW 3 Series E46 2002 - 2006 with new 40 pin connector.
BMW M3 1998 - 2006.
BMW E46 3er 318 320 325.
Rover 75 1999 - 2004.
MG ZT 2001 - 2004.

There is some information halfway down this listing HERE...

I hope that helps.
jubbarelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2018, 18:43   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:

Is everything on there in UK stock then, if they have UK agents and do the items go back to a UK warranty repair centre or to China?

Who offers the basic technical support for the items that are for sale on there - Gearbest or the UK agent?
Jubbs
Jubbs, You will have to ask those questions to Gearbest.

Quote:
I dont get any of my customers to deal direct to the manufacturer as I like to sort that out myself.
Jubbs
That is good to hear Jubbs.
I must have misunderstood your warranty T&C's, as I know some of these UK sellers like to point you towards the manufacture rather than the agent deal with warranty claims.
Old 7th February 2018, 09:53   #9
GordyB
Gets stuck in

ZT, ZT-T

Great price !

Not to swerve the direction of this thread (and I have bought a chinese DD unit before from one of your posts Wes), but does anyone know how the sound quality compares with these or in fact the xtrons or Navall units when compared to a Sony, Kenwood or Alpine HU?

Thanks

2001 Connie SE Raven Black, CDT - scrapped
2004 ZT-T+ XPG, 1.8T - sold
2002 ZT+ Biomorphic Supertallic #2 of 10, CDT - sold
2004 ZT-T+ Goodwood Aquamarine, CDT - sold
2004 BMW 320d
GordyB is offline   Reply With Quote