Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th May 2010, 21:03   #1
pedro444
Avid contributor

Ex 75 CDT Connoisseur Se Ex ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE

Default FS: 2000 W CDT Connoisseur SE manual with lots of extras

After nearly four years and 70k miles with me it’s time to part with my 75.

It’s a 2000 W reg CDT Connoisseur SE manual in beautiful Wedgewood blue with Sandstone full leather interior in excellent condition. Currently showing just under 170k on the clock and returning 47mpg consistently. About 5k remaining until next service is due. Taxed until the end of August and the MOT will be due in August.

As it’s a Cowley model it has all the pre project drive items (embossed headrests, real wood dash, d pillar badges etc). At some point before I bought it someone has painted the lower bumpers and sills body colour instead of the original black.

I’ve done all the servicing and mechanical work myself since I bought it in 2006 (fully synthetic oil for every service) and it’s got a pretty much full dealer service history up to when I got it. Everything works – fan and air con work perfectly (tested nicely by 30˚C outside in traffic on the M25 yesterday!), FBH for when it’s a bit colder, parking sensors, rear blind, cruise etc – all works perfectly.

I’ve added a few extra over the last few years – BMW Bluetooth (see my how-to), all the usual BMW sat nav upgrades, walnut and leather wheel, harman/kardon sub and amp, xenons and headlight washers (epic thread where Keith, Raistlin and I worked out we needed a BBUS and T1 testbook), 17” Serpent alloys, etc.

Now I’m aware that I could take all these things off the car and sell them separately and make far more than the car is worth. However before I do that I’d like to offer it on here with everything still on.

By my reckoning I could get roughly the following for the various items on the car:

Serpents with four less than half worn Goodyear Excellence tyres 350
Xenon Headlights 250
BMW Mk 3 Sat Nav drive 100
BMW Widescreen Boardmonitor 200
BMW BM54 Tuner 250
BMW ULF (early spec) BT module 60
Bluetooth antenna, mic and retrofit wiring 100
Intravee and Alpine KCA-420i (fully integrated ipod setup) 150
TV module bypass lead 15
Harman Kardon amp 35
Harman Kardon boot mounted sub 80
Harman Kardon front tweeters 20
Custom HK retrofit loom inc BM24 to BM54 adaptors 75
Walnut and black perforated leather steering wheel 160
Facelift black driver's airbag 45
Walnut handbrake handle 10
Genuine ZT perforated leather handbrake and gear gaiters (to match the steering wheel) 20
Driver's cupholder 25
Trafficmaster, loom etc 50
Torch in front armrest 10
Boot lid mounted warning triangle 15
Hans ibus clock 20
Brand new (not even in the car) set of genuine Sandstone mats 25
Total £2,065

So on this basis I’m looking for £2,500 for the car with all these items - valuing the car without the extras at under £500!
I know this sounds a lot for the car but I know I can probably break it for more.

Some recent pics:

I should be picking up my new car on Saturday so I’ll give it until bank holiday Monday before taking the bits off the car to sell separately. If you’re interested (please no silly offers!) then send me a PM. If no-one wants it in total then look out for the above items for sale next week.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 25th May 2010, 21:35   #2
soapy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary Diesel Auto

Now that is one immaculate fully loaded 75 wish i could afford to run 2 cars especially love the steering wheel aint seen a walnut and black one before looks ace,hope you get what your after for it.

Joseph Stalin.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:15   #3
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

Default Connoisseur SE manual with lots of extras

That is a beautiful looking car and a very nice colour...great spec as well, price reflects condition.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:10   #4
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I know you're not selling off individual items yet, but if and when you do, could I have first dibs on the Intravee & KCA 420i with leads please.

£150 is a very good price, and I'm after them for my ZT.
Old 27th May 2010, 15:47   #5
Departed 32016
This is my second home

Rover 75

Pedro you will need to ask less than that for this car, amazing as it is.
No one will pay £2500 for a 10 year old car with 170,000 miles, i can see you selling off the parts individually. I don't like posting things like this and get annoyed when people post things like this on my listings but i'm sure you want to sell the car and at the price, you wont. I look forward to the bits and pieces being listed.

Last edited by Departed 32016; 27th May 2010 at 15:50..
Old 27th May 2010, 17:27   #6
pedro444
Avid contributor

Thanks for all the comments and PMs.

I know it's a long shot if anyone want's this at the price but I thought it was worth giving it a go before the new car arrives. Looks like I'll be spending bank holiday Monday taking things off it!

I'm a bit out of touch with values these days -without all the bits what do you guys will rekon it'll fetch (I'm not after offers here just haven't been looking at autotrader or the bay of e recently for 75s)

I'll miss 75 ownership. It's been a fantastic car and the longest I've owned a daily driver. And this forum has provided the answer to so many questions over the years.

So if anyone does fancy it before I start taking bits off let me know soon!

Pete
Old 28th May 2010, 12:49   #7
Schotten
Loves to post

75 Saloon

Looks too good to break up, bit of shame as it would be a fantastic car for someone. My 03 connie is pushing 130K so I'm a bit alarmed at the values!!! I also don't want to appear to be like a vulture but.......................will be interested to see what the prices are for parts to club members!!!!
Old 31st May 2010, 20:04   #8
pedro444
Avid contributor

I spent this afternoon taking off most of the extras and so the car is now for sale as a CDT standard connoisseur SE with High Line Nav.

All of the mods listed in my original posted are now removed and replaced with the original components with the exception of the following which remain with the car:

17" Serpents with good tyres (Goodyear Excellence that have done about 6k)
The black steering wheel was replaced with a sandstone and walnut one (that has been refurbed in the past)
Walnut handbrake grip
Torch in armrest
New set of sandstone OEM mats

I'll start a new thread specifically for the car in this condition along with some new photos tomorrow.

I'll start a new thread for the various bits for sale this evening - please don't use this thread for any parts enquiries.

In the meantime having had a look around autotrader/e bay/we buy any car, I'm looking for offers around £1,500.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 31st May 2010, 20:49   #9
pedro444
Avid contributor

Here's the thread with the mods for sale:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=61640
Closed Thread