Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th June 2024, 15:11   #7
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I understand what you say about the offside rule, perhaps the FA need to reevaluate it.
Do you think there is any room for VAR? An example is on Youtube of a goalkeeper getting a red card for handball outside the 18 yard area. When the ref checked VAR the goalkeeper was proved right, he did not handball the ball, it hit him on the chest. Would you say that is a fair use of VAR?

macafee2
Nobody wants to see blatant wrong decisions Ian but I broadly stand by what I said about it
making the game mechanical by stopping the flow so regularly. I agree it's well intentioned
but it's not for me I'm afraid.There used to be something called accidental handball but now
the players are getting pulled up for everything.What are they meant to do when the ball is flying at them at 90mph and they are looking the other way but it hits their hand.It was also said that these things even themselves out over the course of a season.I used to believe that until Alex Ferguson's Man utd came along

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote