Notices

Old 24th June 2024, 15:07   #174841
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

This morning I saw the surgeon about the “leg over the barbed fence incident” and he gave me the all clear, a pulled muscle so he has prescribed anti-inflammatories and anti spasm tablets for the groin. Nothing serious which is the main thing. Now we can make a plan
It's been a while since I had spasms in the groin area! Glad it's nothing serious, so you can get back to it (whatever it is).
Old 24th June 2024, 15:07   #174842
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Steve

Will you need to wear protective clothes and thorn proof gloves?
I forgot there are some fearsome thorns (1" long) in the higher level shrub. Had to trim a few bits of it and speared myself a few times picking up the clippings including one thorn that went straight thru the glove when I was packing the bin down, straight into the thin skin at the bottom corner of my thumb nail . . . . I said bad words . . . . several of them

Today possibly wasn't the best choice, hot and clammy, not really pleasant but garden bin is tomorrow. Ended up filling our bin and kidnapped the neighbour's bin as well. Only just got everything in.

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 24th June 2024 at 15:53..
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2024, 04:57   #174843
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
It's been a while since I had spasms in the groin area! Glad it's nothing serious, so you can get back to it (whatever it is).
Good morning Mike, thank you for those thoughts and for brightening my day being quick witted is a gift

Yesterday Jessica spoke about having a holiday next year on our way from Nairobi to London. She wants to stop off in Greece and get on a small ship, sailing to Venice, then a train to Lake Como, then holiday there. I know cruises are not your thing.

Have you had any luck in planning for a holiday next year?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2024, 04:58   #174844
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I forgot there are some fearsome thorns (1" long) in the higher level shrub. Had to trim a few bits of it and speared myself a few times picking up the clippings including one thorn that went straight thru the glove when I was packing the bin down, straight into the thin skin at the bottom corner of my thumb nail . . . . I said bad words . . . . several of them

Today possibly wasn't the best choice, hot and clammy, not really pleasant but garden bin is tomorrow. Ended up filling our bin and kidnapped the neighbour's bin as well. Only just got everything in.
Good morning Steve,

Any photos of your adventures in the garden will be appreciated
Old 25th June 2024, 05:24   #174845
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Indeed, we should be encouraging the youth of today to use a gate as opposed to getting one's leg over. That way they might avoid doing a mischief to themselves and or their troosers.

Loads to do during the summer but as for what gets done only time will tell. Things crop up and priorities change but an overgrown conifer at the bottom of the garden is at the top of my list to tackle, that is together with getting a memorial stone sorted for my late parents. It has been slow and tortuous so far trying to engage a local stone mason for that job, they have proved to be difficult to establish contact with. Thinking that I might give the business to a national provider who have installers that cover different regions. Sad really as I do try to shop local when possible.
Good morning Steve

I used a funeral company to do the headstone for my parents. Of course you want the best as it’s very special and you want it to last. I am sorry you are having difficulties.

You are planning to lop a conifer at the bottom of the garden. A few weeks ago we had to take a tree down at the bottom of the garden as it was very tall and leaning over into our neighbours garden.

As trees are protected in Kenya, I had to get a license from the council and use an authorised tree feller. The license was £30 and it had to state how many trees, number each tree and give the reasons for the felling.

The tree feller charged £120, which included removal of the wood.

On the day he was a bit cheeky asking for breakfast and bottles of wine to drink for all of his men, rubbing his stomach up and down. I managed to laugh that one off!

I had no intentions of being responsible for drunken tree fellers going up a tree with a chain saw. I did make them a cup of tea

I wanted to ask you something as you are knowledgeable about aviation.

Jessica would like me to take tins of tuna in my checked in luggage for the flight to the UK on Saturday. Our first night is at a hotel in Heathrow, the Holiday Inn Express and instead of eating in the restaurant, she would like us to eat in the room, crackers with tuna.

She asks is it safe to do so, they won’t explode?