Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd July 2024, 15:41   #51
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
But that requires the victims to place broad limits on their use as opposed to the offenders. So is wrong as a matter of principle.

It's bit like saying if you don't want your house to be burgled, don't live in a house!
I was simply trying to be helpful and making you aware of the existence of the option, just in case you didn't know about it as you had previously stated "Personally, I would rather the forum did away with the PM facility."
Keep well sir.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 3rd July 2024 at 19:56..
Old 3rd July 2024, 17:31   #52
The Rovering Member
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon

The mere suggestion of doing away with a useful facility that all forums that l know of provide as a matter of course seems particularly silly, IMO.

I've just moved my insurance back to Tesco Bank as their meerkat quote came in at nearly £150 cheaper than Hastings renewal price (it started at £220 cheaper). I haven't contacted Hastings as yet & will only do so to cancel their automatic renewal later this month.

Last edited by The Rovering Member; 3rd July 2024 at 17:40..
Old 4th July 2024, 09:03   #53
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts
Default Thread Closed

The publishing of Private Messages (PMs) on the open forums is simply not allowed, this is not open for debate and is clearly written for all to see in the club rules.

This thread has now been edited and references to said PM removed, moreover in view of other previous transgressions, the recipient of the PM from Wraymond who by his own admission in the past has thoroughly read the forum rules, has sadly once again earned himself a couple of months extra gardening leave.

Having reviewed this entire thread, what started as a legitimate discussion about the escalating costs of car insurance, has degenerated into what can only be described as a playground scrap, so it’s time to put a close to it.

Courtesy and civility between members is paramount if we are to remain a successful and welcoming forum, and respecting the fact that private messages are just that, is equally important and must be respected.
Closed Thread