Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st June 2024, 16:54   #31
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersnad View Post
I have a Rover75 cdti deisel and just recently when i started the engine i couldn;'t select a gear but could select all gears with engine turned off.This happened a coupe of weeks ago and my local garage found that my clutch pedal stuck.He just gave a pull and everything was great Just recently i had the same problem and the mechanic said that this time it wasn;'t the pedal.
I'm 77 and this was to be my last car as i love Rover 75s but i';m concerned if it needs a new clutch this is goint to cost me about £1000 which i just couldn;'t afford.Anyone out there able to help would be appreciated big time.
Could end up probably back on the bus which id a shame as i bought the car less than 6 months ago.HELP
bRIAN
Brian, this thread is some 4 years old, always better to start a new thread. Have a word with DMGRS a trader on this forum, I think they do a clutch service and it will be less then £1,000. In fact I would expect any garage to be under £1,000.

Before going to the expense of a new clutch, have it proved that the fault is with the slave cylinder as it is generally the slave that leaks but it could be a faulty master cylinder.
The changing of the actual clutch is just done as a precaution when the slave is replaced a lot of the time as it is expensive to take the car apart a second time to replace a clutch.

perhaps have someone bleed the clutch hydraulics which will replace the fluid and see how you get on

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote