Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2024, 09:49   #174752
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Afternoon all, got some good news for yer , or in some people will see it bad news😀.
I’ve been given the ok to get my driving licence back, by the time I fully get back to work, I will have been off for 3 years.
Part of things are still not sorted for me yet, I can’t renew my bus licence just yet, I had my left eye cataract removed in January but even 4 months later is hadn’t allowed full vision from it yet.
I have been to eye clinic every 2 weeks or 4 weeks, but each time it hadn’t improved other than a tiny bit, I have to go for another appointment a week today, and this time I’m possibly going to see the cornea drs, if they don’t like what they can see, I may be put for a transplant of a cornea, which might fully replace my eyesight. So will see what happens next week.
Well after telling you all this news,I’m STILL waiting for licence sent to me.
We waited until 2 weeks and a letter came from dvla ,I was thinking my licence had arrived.
No chance, document to give the drs who had cared for me and given permission to get licence, sent back within two days, since then we sent a message asking how long to wait but they replied and given any time how long to wait.
It’s been a lot of weeks since this was sent but I’m still waiting for licence arrived , I can’t get the van serviced and motd , it’s still not insured and I can’t carry on and drive either.
We sent another message asking how long before it arrives, and answer? No reply.
Old 18th June 2024, 10:06   #174753
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Well after telling you all this news,I’m STILL waiting for licence sent to me.
We waited until 2 weeks and a letter came from dvla ,I was thinking my licence had arrived.
No chance, document to give the drs who had cared for me and given permission to get licence, sent back within two days, since then we sent a message asking how long to wait but they replied and given any time how long to wait.
It’s been a lot of weeks since this was sent but I’m still waiting for licence arrived , I can’t get the van serviced and motd , it’s still not insured and I can’t carry on and drive either.

We sent another message asking how long before it arrives, and answer? No reply.
Thank you for the update Richard.

If you feel you are being given the run around and you can’t wait, why not discuss it with your solicitor to see if a solicitors letter would help? I know you have a solicitor, what do you think?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2024, 10:29   #174754
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Well we’ll see what happens by the end of this week, Fiona’s going to send another messages today.
It also depends how long the doctors send back the answers to the questions they asked, it normally takes up to 6 weeks for one thing, sometimes long again for different things.
I hope it comes soon as I need to get the van serviced and MOTD, I’m still waiting for some more stuff for work and wanting to start work in August.

Last edited by RPWC; 18th June 2024 at 11:24.. Reason: Missed out a word
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2024, 16:08   #174755
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Feel for you Rich, gotta be frustrating to say the least.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote