Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st July 2024, 08:35   #41
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, Astra Techline Estate and Corsa 1.2 SXI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
What I don’t understand Maninder is why you would publish the contents of another members private message. I assume you have his permission to do so and isn’t it against club rules to publish members private message without their permission?

Perhaps a moderator can advise.

Phil - a message is only private if both parties agree to communicate on a private basis. I would say that as a general rule never say or write to someone anything that you would not wish to be made public, unless the other party has agreed to keep matters private.
Old 1st July 2024, 08:55   #42
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
It was fine... She just had to put her big girl trousers on and get her own insurance
Glad to hear it, it is something we all have to go through but insurance is expensive for the younger drivers.

Thank you for putting things in perspective

Whilst on holiday in Barbados, fraud was everywhere. A local police chief invited to his bar and whilst there, he asked would I like to stay an extra 3 weeks as he could arrange it with a local doctor.

I was horrified, once you go down that road, you can be subjected to blackmail and a criminal record. I declined and left his bar. In the hotel I met a British couple and we got chatting. He was a British Bobby and his wife was an insurance broker. They boasted how she had lost a gold ankle bracelet in the surf and would be claiming £500 for it and it would not be queried because the claim was under £1000. I was shocked! I was under the impression the bracelet never existed and they got some kind of buzz from telling me.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2024, 08:59   #43
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Phil - a message is only private if both parties agree to communicate on a private basis. I would say that as a general rule never say or write to someone anything that you would not wish to be made public, unless the other party has agreed to keep matters private.
Because you revealed the contents of a private message, who is going to trust you with the confidentiality of a private message.

Various members and moderators have confided with me about different things in private messages which will always remain confidential.

That is how it is and it is my last word on the subject.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2024, 09:39   #44
MSS
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Because you revealed the contents of a private message, who is going to trust you with the confidentiality of a private message.

Various members and moderators have confided with me about different things in private messages which will always remain confidential.

That is how it is and it is my last word on the subject.

And my last word also.

I consider that there is a difference between private information and a private means of communication. The former I would respect, the latter would depend on the content of the message and whether it deserved to to be kept private i.e. it contained private information or views. Otherwise one party would unilaterally determine when to use the PM mechanism thus effectively gagging the other party.

As it is, there was/is nothing personal in the exchanges on this thread - just differences of position based on knowledge and experience. As the subject matter could potentially affect every forum member, the matter is of forum community interest. The content of the PM does not deserve the status of "private communication". If the sender wanted to continue the the exchange on the thread, it should have been done within the thread.

As to not being trusted with the confidentiality of a "Private Message", I am perfectly happy with this given the above.
Old 1st July 2024, 12:01   #45
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default Wordy gibberish from another dimension

Toward the end of 2022, I too received an unsolicited PM from Wraymond regarding his inability to accept reality. At the time I pointed out that I would read his PM if he posted it on the forum and that I might even respond to it.
During another of his disagreements with a different member on a different subject I did ask if the member could inform us if/when he recieved a PM on the matter.

Surely, myself and Maninder can't be the only members honoured to have received the "Wraymond PM". Maybe a thread could be started to enable the full majesty of his ramblings to be seen and marvelled at?
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2024, 09:15   #46
MSS
This is my second home

Default Not the first time...

Actually, I have had the bigger honour as this is the second time I have receved a "Wraymond PM". The first time was a few years ago which I ignored. I remember conversing with a fellow member at the time via PM (a PM that I respected as a view expressed in private for my sole consumption) who confirmed that he had also received a similar PM at one time. So there is a pattern.