Notices

Old 22nd June 2024, 12:27   #174791
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Jeff, a great picture of a great car with lots of heritage. I wonder how reliable Alfas are?

Any plans for the weekend?

A few weeks ago, I pulled a muscle in my groin climbing over a fence of barbed wire. The pain hadn’t gone so I am getting it checked out and seeing a doctor on Monday.

Has anything like that happened to anyone else in getting the leg over the fence?

How is everyone?
Hi Phil,

I'm at home today editing photos from the photoshoot yesterday.
Tomorrow morning I'm doing another photoshoot for Weeley Vets as they have picked up another Veterinary of the Year award for this year as well.

Once that is done, I'm off to the boat. I'll be staying on board overnight and finishing a few small jobs before settling down to watch the Spanish Grand Prix.

Monday morning Lady Emma gets re launched so I will do some more videos and photos as she goes back in.

Alfa's....reliability. They are Italian so, not so much

I feel your pain with you straining your groin getting your leg over....Happens to the best of us
Old 22nd June 2024, 12:31   #174792
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post

Nice day here, Quizzie doing her usual - lay down in the sun, cook gently, take herself off indoors and lay on the cool tiles. And repeat .

Hope Zed the Ted is relaxing and everyone is having a good weekend.

Take care all.

PS It's a brave man that takes on an old Alfa. I owned one Italian car - never, ever again. Makes the reputation of Rovers look stunningly impressive.
Afternoon Andy.
It's a warm and sunny day here too.
Set for more of the same for tomorrow and the week ahead. Bring it on

I left Zed The Ted on security watch on the boat.
I'll catch up with him tomorrow and he can have a nice cold beer with me whilst watching the GP.

Alfa's....I think the Italians refer to unreliability as all part of the charm and character
Old 22nd June 2024, 12:40   #174793
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
That’s true as you say Phil, it’s so frustrating when through this illness which has now gone on for over 3 years, this seems to get to the way things go. I get one step forward then 10 steps with something taking for ever before things happening for me. I know other people are probably going through the same too, but I’m wanting to get back to work in early August. But they’ve told us they don’t know when dr will send their questions asked to him, and so theirs no time they can give us how long the will be before they send my licence .
It’s correct there is always someone worse off. A relative broke his neck playing rugby when he was at school and for a while he was paralysed from the neck below. He had expert surgery with his neck being opened up from the front. The broken bones in the neck and nerves were repaired through the best surgery. Years later he became a top executive for the people who make a well known brand of beer and is able to play cricket in the summer.

I know 2 members in this club who both had to surrender their driving licenses as a result of sustaining spinal injuries. One had his license returned and is back in the driving seat.

Richard does it help to know you are not alone? Sometimes it does.

Recently I was asked to make contact with a wealthy business man in Tanzania who 2 months ago had the same operations I had in 2022 and in 2023.

At the time of his operations, he thought he was the only one and had no one who could appreciate what he was going through.

I was able to advise him what to expect and talk with him about the pain management and complications, how to overcome them. We chat now and again on Video Calls/WhatsApp as he remains in Tanzania.

I have great faith in you Richard, you will get through this as you are from the school of tough. You have a lot going for you in other areas of your life. You have a new house, a beautiful wife and family.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 22nd June 2024 at 12:42..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2024, 12:41   #174794
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

The sun has made an appearance here & it's proper warm now, so I decided to wash the car & clean the inside.
There were a few containers of snowfoam that came with the pressure washer I bought & one of them was a super thick snowfoam that I hadn't used, It went on like clotted cream
I left it on the car for fifteen minutes then pressure washed it off, Clean as a whistle now.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2024, 12:43   #174795
coolcat
This is my second home

The Harbour Lights have released their menu ahead of the Grand Opening on the 1st July.

The Harbour Lights menu 2024 by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

I do hope the quality will be good and the portion sizes plentiful because......It ain't cheap !
Old 22nd June 2024, 12:45   #174796
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
The sun has made an appearance here & it's proper warm now, so I decided to wash the car & clean the inside.
There were a few containers of snowfoam that came with the pressure washer I bought & one of them was a super thick snowfoam that I hadn't used, It went on like clotted cream
I left it on the car for fifteen minutes then pressure washed it off, Clean as a whistle now.

Good job there Ian.....Are you sure you don't fancy doing some boat cleaning ?

I am a bit worried however that the car seems to have changed colour after your handiwork
Old 22nd June 2024, 12:54   #174797
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

None

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thank you Jeff for posting up the menu.

I can advise you that Cod peas and chips at the Holiday Inn Express Terminal 4 Heathrow is £20 per person, the cod was thin, it was mostly batter, how disappointing.

I guess the restaurant in the marina has to make the money from the yachting community. Maybe the restaurant owners think the folks with yachts and cabin cruisers are loaded and can afford the prices. I wonder how they compare to Clacton On Sea seafront?

Or perhaps £40 is standard for Fish n Chips?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2024, 15:48   #174798
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Alfa's....reliability. They are Italian so, not so much
Italian electrics are a mystery. Mate of mine had an Italian motorbike, Moto Morini 350 V twin, the electrics were baffling. We'd be sorting another electrical fault, tracing a purple/blue wire for example, it would go into a connector and come out yellow/red for no reason other than to confuse you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Or perhaps £40 is standard for Fish n Chips?
Most expensive around here is £17.50 (sit in menu) and that's at the chippy voted best in the UK! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/oth...94fc5a6a9&ei=9

T4 Location Map

Last edited by stevestrat; 22nd June 2024 at 16:00..
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2024, 15:53   #174799
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Good job there Ian.....Are you sure you don't fancy doing some boat cleaning ?

I am a bit worried however that the car seems to have changed colour after your handiwork

LOL Daughter's big truck that's loosening flags on the driveway That's another job on the back burner.

I got a packet of Xanthan gum & gluten-free flour today to make some gluten-free pastry for one of those salmon & broccoli quiche's for her, You were right! I did too good of a job on it

Sea bass fillets chips & peas for tea tonight. I used all the little shallots to make a jar of pickled shallots last week, so I'll be having some of those too.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote