Thread: Engine cooked
View Single Post
Old 27th November 2019, 19:28   #25
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

At last I have the car back and running.

I purchased a bare second hand engine but unfortunately my garage could not work on it and it was in the garage approx. 10 weeks due to hime being busy, mechanics off sick, on holiday ect. I could go on.

Anyway I received the car back 2 weeks ago and running sweetly for a few days, had to travel over to Edinburgh to pick up a new telly and as I drove into the currys/pc world car park a guy pointed to my front as all the coolant was running out. Called the AA, they would not attend as the car was on a SORN unless I paid £145.00, I had put it on a SORN 2 days before as I read it as: the Sorn will come into effect after the tax runs out which is 31/11, but no the SORN is effective immediately, so a warning to anyone who is not sure like me. Anyway the AA did attend, but I had to contact the DVLA then hand the phone to the AA man who was told the car was in fact taxed. He rectified the fault, the bottom hose of the radiator had come off due to the securing clip not being in place! The car is running smoothly temperature gets to 84-87 degrees and actually stays there using the Ikp? on the dash. The only other problem is the door mirrors do not adjust, have checked and changed fuses under passenger footwell, but I don't care as the car is going well and it is Saved from the Scrappy. Now I can hopefully relax over the coming voting and of course Christmas and New Year which I am spending in Spain this year, so I hope my V6 saloon out there is going to behave itself. Many thanks to all for the comments and recommendations during this period.
skinnyL is offline   Reply With Quote