View Single Post
Old 29th November 2018, 07:17   #174
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I recently got the nextbase 312GW Wi-Fi dashcam It's a good clear picture that can pick out number plates clearly and I can upload the content via Wi-Fi to my mobile phone, as I live in an area where a certain section of the population think crash for cash is a way to make a living It's a must these days.

The software that comes with it is very good indeed with tons of information when connected with your PC, plus one thing I've only just noticed is they have a section to directly uploaded dashcam footage to your local police force

I've not used that option it yet but was sorely tempted by one utter idiot a few weeks ago who drove like a maniac.
I uploaded a video to youtube of a trip around the block just to see the quality of the picture.

I couldn’t see any bumps in the video and assume it’s because of onboard image stability. What about rear views? One of the problems in Kenya is traffic police and getting pulled over. A favourite move is when I am asked to step out from the car and to go round to the back, then getting hit with the bribe scenario. The conversation usually starts with “this is a serious offence or have you a little extra for me”. Rear view evidence would be useful for these occasions. The government have an anti corruption department and are doing their best to tackle it with covert video evidence. Of course I realise this would not happen in the UK - Police corruption.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote