View Single Post
Old 12th December 2018, 18:29   #1
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default typical diesel or ...??

As I was parked today waiting for the mrs to return to the car, I was revelling in the extra oomph I had found after changing the blacker than black air filter (surely must have been strangling it's breathing) car just feels more 'alive'.
Sitting there with engine idling I raised the revs to about 2,500 rpm, and noticed a definite un-balanced feel, almost like a slight misfire in a petrol motor, only for about 200rpm (2,500-2,700 rpm). Before and after those figures the cdt is as smooth as can be, in fact it really is hard to tell it's a diesel when just idling it's so smooth and so quiet.
I have heard it said that this is an inherent thing with diesels, they have sweet spots and not so sweet spots.
When driving ... it pulls through all gears with no sign of any harshness or hesitation, never misses a beat, part throttle is smooth with no 'over-run' hesitation. None of that 'pinking' sound when under load either.
Anything to look out for or am I just being paranoid? this is the first diesel I have ever owned so maybe comparing it to petrol. car has only done 59,000 and starts literally on first turn of the key with zero other noises etc:
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote