View Single Post
Old 28th July 2018, 13:41   #2
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiterbb View Post
Can anyone help a battling aussie with his rover75 se conisseur KV6 problem ?.if anyone cand offer advice on the following i would be eternally grateful .As follows.
about 7 months ago the battery died whilst out and about a jump start was given and i think the ecu decided to pass away !,it went to a workshop where it was advised that they knew rovers and had a t4 ,this now brings us to the present day,! the car has been returned with the following.
the instrument panel has been swapped with an english one with MPH .
the car starts in gear !.
reversing sensors dont work.
head unit showing words "ERR".
doors dont lock when car is started.
lower fog lights dont work.
rear window heater dont work.
head unit only displays GPS no trip computer ,fuel consumption ,etc.
As we have strict gun laws here i cannot shoot myself,so i am pleading with any member who can offer me some guidance so i can get my beloved rover back!!.
Thank you ,Thank you.
poiterbb.
ERR is a classic ECU failure message and coupled with all your symptoms your ECU is goosed - when you flattened your battery did you keep trying to start her - doing this repeatedly can damage your ECU. You need an ECU expert on this site- so i would advise you to drop Marinabrian a PM - he is the expert par excellence for ECU problems. If you send him your ECU he will diagnose the problem and provide a replacement if required - which sounds the case in your situation.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote