Thread: Pet grief?
View Single Post
Old 27th September 2007, 22:58   #7
< N I C K >
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 KV6 Manual

I thought many of you could empathise for my loss of a pet. But I only had the cat for less than a year. In the posts above some had their pets for over a decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsey1 View Post
Cost me £1,000 to sort out – normally that amount is only available for the Rover. He’s now insured – just as well as he incurred another £250 bill for eye damage recently.
I'm pleased I didn't discover my cat injured because there probably would've have been anything I could've done. & if there was it would've cost $$$$.

Quote:
Some people just don't understand the Loss of a Loved pet.
I'm still having trouble understanding myself. For example cats don't talk, don't have a sense of humour, are uneducated.... yet they can be funny, & entertaining company. What is with the human condition that we relate to these animals? Now to get real philosophical the reason we get attached to their animals is because we imprint ourselves onto them. We anthropmorphise pets & attach feeling & emotions to pets that they don't really have.
Anyway, I've largely recovered now. I've just got to get used to the fact I don't have to leave my window open anymore. Not sure if I'll get another cat, but one may just turn up.. you never know.

Last edited by < N I C K >; 27th September 2007 at 23:18..
< N I C K > is offline   Reply With Quote