View Single Post
Old 13th January 2019, 11:55   #7
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
As Simon says, try lubricating the channels first.

But, if that doesn't work, don't worry. A good 2nd hand regulator can be picked up for 20 or 30 quid and it's a relatively straightforward swap-out job (door card off / window glass half way down / undo 2 bolts holding window glass at the top of the regulator / lever top black window channel off from around the top of the door - this has a plug for the anti-trap system, so be careful / lever window glass out from the top - this takes a bit of patience / unplug the regulator / undo 4 bolts, I think, to release regulator mech / swap over the regulator mech / and refit is the reverse).

I think the above is the right sequence (I done this last summer), but if wrong, I'm sure someone will be along to correct.

Cheers,
Karl.
£20-£30 for a good used one, more like £18.79 that’s what I sell them for
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote