View Single Post
Old 24th July 2019, 16:00   #397
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
............................................... He pointed out that the extension cable was hot up to the job as it could only match up to 10 amps. So he went and got his hedge trimmer and extension lead for me to borrow. Saved me going to get some more fuses and a new extension lead..

10amps should be much more that adequate for a hedge trimmer's motor!

More likely you have managed to nick the lead, as I did last time out a few weeks ago. In trying to find the failure, I got as far as trying to get into the hedge trimmer, which was not easy. I gave up, when I spotted the nick not far back down the trimmer. Not the first time I have nicked a lead, but usually I nick it whilst concentrating on the hedge and it stops. This time I must have nicked the cable as I put the trimmer down on the ground, still slowing down so went unnoticed.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote