View Single Post
Old 15th January 2019, 23:44   #12
Paul BY

Rover 75 tourer

Default rear upper arm removal.

What a brilliant write up, fantastic. Have my 75 for nearly 10 and had never had anything like it before, in terms of build quality. A collision with a badger has necessitated me looking underneath it, so after replacing all the kit the badger smashed, fan condenser radiator intercooler etc I have looked at other stuff under there and needless to say see the front arms needed re bushing but it was with horror when I inspected the rear suspension, my car has no body rust so what on earth did they make the suspensions arms from, I had to laugh when I saw someone suggested old 1100 subframes. Fortunately I have 3 other vehicles so can work slowly. My vehicles is a 130 CDTI Tourer of 2004 vintage but it seems this job is the same on the whole range. I am a bit tempted to measure what I need in terms of the short extension, how sure are we the 3 inch one will work.
Looks like a job lying on your back with a pillow under there and going back and forward very slowly. Looks like days and days lying on the floor ahead though. I will update on my progress. Good forum folks well done, I also run a Mk Fabia VRS which seems to have a good following too but to be fair this is the first work I have done on the Rover for years and suppose it was over due.
Paul BY is offline   Reply With Quote