View Single Post
Old 17th April 2018, 07:13   #138826
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Good morning everyone from cloudy but bright SouthWest Essex.

Busy day yesterday first job was to take some accumulated rubbish down the tip in the ZTT, then take said car to the garage to check tyres pressures and put some go fast fluid in the tank. Then we was off to check out a car for sale for a fellow forum member, Ratty, his wife wanted a Honda Jazz auto. The car was at a s/h place near me.

The salesman came out and said, " ah! A Rover, not much call for these as the factory closed in 2000 when BMW sold out. No parts available. Sorry but I cannot give you much in the way of a part ex."
My reply was polite but to the point as I explained my car was not for part ex but I had come to check out the Honda Jazz. However one look was enough for me.
I phoned Ratty and gave him my report.

Once home my next job was a bit more daunting, I needed to get the dismantled desk, ((it was For Sale on here in the 'Market' section)), out of the loft on my own. When it went up into the loft in kit form about 11 years ago I was somewhat younger and fitter.
It took me 45 minutes but I got it all down barring the plate glass top.

The buyers were on my doorstep soon after, I explained about the glass top and they said it was OK as they did not want it. I helped them down my outside steps with the bits. Folding paper was exchanged.
Then a relaxing shower for me before preparing an excellent peice of rump steak, mash n cabbage.
Washed up and chilled out in the evening, I may have closed my eyes for a wee while.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote