View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2019, 12:35   #9
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
What year are they anything above R56 is a no go anything lower go ahead same with a classic go ahead look out for engine light on a modern mini check the brake light strip is working as that can cost hundreds to replace
My daughter runs a R56 120k miles (1.4 Prince engine), my son a R50 106k miles (1.6 Tritec engine, Joint venture Chrysler/Rover!), and my daily is a F56 3k miles (1.5 BMW B38), they are all petrols. All provide sterling service, apart from the normal brakes, tyres service items etc, there is nothing that goes wrong with them.
The R56 annoyingly uses approx. 1 pint of oil over 1,000 miles for some reason (same engine in Puegeot, Cirtoens etc of that French ilk). Unfortunately the R56 does not have an oil level warning sensor and my daughter does not check it so I have to keep tabs on that. I don't fully understand what you are trying to say, but I can assure you there is no particular fault with the brake light strip whatever that is, and minis are not anymore expensive than other cars for parts and even if they were even more reason for a visit to my eco friendly scrappy.

Last edited by Lovel; 3rd July 2019 at 12:49..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote