View Single Post
Old 18th June 2020, 16:33   #1
Phil th Barrow
Gets stuck in

" NOW SOLD" :-( Rover 75 Conni Auto SE

Default It Rained all day. Boot moisture..

And guess what th boot as rained in too

Iv done all these below and added a few for good measure. My boot must be th worst. Iv CTCCC (captain trolled creeping crack cure) many areas and won them all. Even put some in th boot seal and that stopped that. Iv also painted all seams and boot hinge area. But today th old favorite as come back. Th back lamp housing. Iv put 2 new gaskets on them in th last couple of years and even greased there surfaces to make sure. Iv not over tightened but when it stops raining i shall go and nip them up if needs be. I stuffed kitchen roll on th top of both lamps to save th boot from getting wet. Shall i get 2 more gaskets and make a mess with sealant and see if that works.??

1) Windscreen: broken or leaking retaining clips (8 off) along bottom edge of rear windscreen...
2) Light: rear lamp housings (gasket split, too thin or gone)...
3) Chrome strip: rear chrome body strip's inside plastic fasteners not sealing...
4) Sunroof: blocked or dislodged drain tubes to rear of sun roof
5) Hinges: bolt holes at boot lid hinge
6) Quarter light: leaks at holes for trim piece at end of rear quarter light blanking plate...
7) Air vents

AND LAST IN THIS LIST, BUT NOT THE LEAST:...

8) Metal Seams: insufficient seal at metal bodywork seams below rear window.

9) Painted seams with flexy paint friday. Had a storm today and so far so good.

So after a week of rain on and off. Some heavy some not so heavy.. its is as dry as a bone...

Last edited by Phil th Barrow; 4th July 2020 at 13:33..
Phil th Barrow is offline   Reply With Quote