View Single Post
Old 6th June 2008, 19:12   #21
<James|Rover>
Regular poster

Jaguar S Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff11 View Post
James, I Live in stroud and have removed my ECU from my 260 when doing some investigation work prior fitting a supercharger, if you like I can come along and remove it for you ( should be in the same place )

Geoff
Geoff, that's a real great offer of yours & thanks. Now that I've viewed the .pdf (with lovely piccies) I'm sure I should be able to get to this now though, but if I get stuck I'll certainly take you up on that (followed by a swift half up at The Ram afterwards on me, no doubt!)

Looking at this though I can only assume the guy who originally designed and placed such an important/costly/vital piece of electrics in such an external area prone to water ingress was given a career change!

So the first thing I'll do is dry it out thoroughly (maybe swishing some isopropanol alcohol to thanks T-Cut), then try it I guess. If it still doesn't work send it off to the Doc. I just hope it hasn't shorted out any other components. I'll keep y'all posted as to my success and hopefully you'll be seeing my X-reg in a town near you soon!

Last edited by <James|Rover>; 6th June 2008 at 19:12.. Reason: i said "BLUDDY" ! sorry
<James|Rover> is offline   Reply With Quote