Old 29th February 2020, 16:52   #34
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grout20 View Post
Hi all

Although I've posted on here to say I'll be there on the Saturday 21st, I also tried to Register to confirm my attendance on the Nano Forum too, as suggested.

My registration on the Nano Forum failed .... "IP address blocked... blacklisted.." with a reference to spamming One suggestion was that my ISP may be the reason.

"3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough."

Anyone else had the same issue? I use Talk Talk as my ISP

("Computer says No" .... but I'm still attending! )

Regards

John
Hi John,

It is not the ISP that is blacklisted, only some of the IP addresses it uses, many of these addresses have previously been used by spammers and have found their way onto various blacklists. IP addresses are dynamically assigned to a users router each time it is switched off then restarted so you could try this in the first instance.

Failing that, the quickest solution is for me to register on your behalf as a new user using your e email and username, I will then tell you what password I use to register and you will be able to change it once logged on if you wish.

Its not just Talk Talk at fault here but they are however one of the worst offenders. In an ideal world they would regularly check the status of ip addresses and de-blacklist them if they are clean

I have also sent this message to you via PM in case you dont pick it up here

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote