View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2019, 17:20   #2
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillyphil View Post
Hi all,

I'm about to arrange a new clutch fitting on by new ZT-T 190+ its fairly low mileage at 56k, but it badly needs a new clutch, slipping like mad.

I've got a quote with one price for an LUK clutch and another for a Borg n Beck.

Any views on which one is best?

Also any pointers on any other spec I should be making to the Garage fitting the new clutch?

Regarding the DMF, the chap on the phone said he would just do a runout test on the DMF to check its performance, anything else he should be looking at?

Phil

The part that really makes the difference from a reliability/longevity perspective is the slave. I would be vary of which slave will be fitted with the B&B kit. If it is an Luk or AP one, perfect. Otherwise I would be concerned.

The shaft seal should also be inspected - I would have it replaced as a matter of course.

Personally, I have never seen the need to move away from Luk for the clutch kit.

As for the DMF, the lateral movement is also important. There is a video by Luk on Youtube that is worth watching as it covers all the key areas that should be checked.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote