View Single Post
Old 30th November 2020, 21:49   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I hope so Clive, us guys should always lookout for one another, this club is so much more than just a car club.

Us fellas don't always listen to our lovely ladies do we, sometimes it takes a friend to make someone realise to go and see a GP.

If us men spent the same amount of care looking after ourselves as we do our cars, then I'm sure we could all learn a little.
I would not want to worry my wife so I avoid telling her.
I had chest pains a year or two ago and a heart attack a few years earlier.
Last year or the year before I just told my wife I would be late home from work and took myself to A&E. Told them chest pains and I'd had a heart attack previously and went to top of the list. Was not a heart attack so home I went. May be in 15 or 20 years I can relax about dying first and leaving my wife but now, she would be so upset and it could be a long time alone if she did not find anyone else, I would not want her to face that sorrow.

The more we talk about things the more we find we are not alone and that can be comforting if it is a worry. A problem shared and all that.
We may think it is different for others but it is not, others have the same fears.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote