View Single Post
Old 29th May 2020, 23:05   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Black Sparkle Wheels Fitted.

Ok so today my plan was to finish rubbing down the spare star spoke wheel i intend to use as my 5th wheel, & fit the newly refurbished Black sparkle wheels to the NUK.

I did originally take a spare with me to CPC but after dropping them off i got a phone call saying the spare wheel without a tyre was buckled just my look i have four & i picked up one which was buckled.

So upon that, i said to them to leave it and i would sort it out my self, which was started yesterday picking the best of the bunch, all need work so i washed it off rubbed the paint work down so the undercoat & gloss paint that was going to use would key nicely.

I also did four MGZT centres.

Sprayed inside first.

Then the face with undercoat.

While that was drying in the baking sun, i waxed the inside of the black sparkle wheels.

Then went back to sorting out the spare wheel my plane to get it as near to black sparkle as possible with the paints below, Gloss black, Rover tempest grey, and silver sparkle.

I first used the tempest grey on top of the undercoat, let that dry for about 20 minutes, then a light coat of gloss black let that dry, another coat let it dry, the i stood back away from the wheel and sprayed the silver sparkle in the air above the wheel using the light wind to direct it across & over the wheel.

It looked ok but seemed to be missing what i thought i could see in the CPC wheels an hint of blue, so a light coat of sparkle blue i had in the shed was once again sprayed above & across over the wheel.

I left that to bake in the sun and started to fit the wheels to the NUK, removing the driver side wheel first.

Five minutes later the first black sparkle wheel was on, minus the centre as i still had not decided to use silver Rover one or the black ones i had spayed.

Near side wheel was next.

Second sparkle wheel fitted.

Stopped to a quick coffee at the same time put a wheel centre in the remaining two sparkle wheels to see how they looked.

Original Rover emblem silver centre

Black blank centre.

I was still undecided so tried them on the front wheels of the black sparkle fitted to the car.

Finished fitting the other two wheels.

I ended up going with the original centres for now anyways, what do members think.

By this time the spare had baked off nicely in the sun.

I finally put it next to the gloss black sparkle fitted to the car, not to bad i think ready tomorrow to have a tyre fitted and go into the boot very pleased with my day.

what do you think of the wheels i like them, door handles next to go black i think cheers Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote