View Single Post
Old 24th February 2020, 20:15   #12
lionatus
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

Excellent how to but yellow is petrol the diesel one you can't get anymore was the diesel one. I know I've got a yellow one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Mike
The original genuine one with the letter T was the preferred choice, no longer available as apparently the mould was lost or destroyed? so if you purchase one from rimmer or even here in the link below it will now come with a Dot on it, this as the sellers say is because the mould was used for the petrol 1.8/2.0 but with the diesel compound.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-R...kAAOSwBahU0L7h

Now we have to believe these sellers that's our only choice, it seems also they have added £25 to the price from when you could get the original mount with the letter T

I have used powerflex with great success I always used the original insert because the insert that come with the powerflex in my opinion it to harsh.

The original centre insert as a nylon bush.

Some members said they could feel a bit or vibration I could never on my car, when I used the powerflex
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MG-ZT-ZT-...IAAOSwLqFV9pxt

The jag / Mondeo mount is another option but I would not fit one of those with out modifying the mount bracket it's self as it catches on the mount alloy if not and a knocking occurs.

If you can get hold of the Chinese mount with KKH90136A on these fair better than the one I suspect you have on which would be (TR0VKKH101372)

Jag mounts

Some people have ground down the alloy mount as here below, it works a bit but still catches on the bracket, and in my opinion also weakens the area around the little insert.

You can see on this bench mock up.

If you modify the bracket instead then the Jag mount would be good, but its not easy getting the bracket off the car, indeed quite troublesome. unless it could be ground down in situ never tried it.

The result is this.

As opposed to this.

so them are our choices I am afraid. Arctic.
lionatus is offline   Reply With Quote