View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2021, 10:36   #1
MisterPip

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Fuel Filter pipe issue

Hi all!

Just bought a 2003 75 Tourer (with LPG) a month ago, as a non-starter, but knowing that it hadn't moved since the MOT and it was probably just stale fuel.

After following best advice on how to drain the tank, I noticed the seal around the fuel filter was pretty shoddy, so I got hold of one from Rimmer Bros but when I pulled the filter out I noticed the clear pipe was broken (picture below)! Is this going to cause great issues? My guess is this is either just a feeder pipe from inside the tank, or it's to send fuel to the other side of the saddle... Can I just pull off the bit that's left and refit the remaining pipe like I would with a rubber one? Haynes doesn't really go in to what the specific pipes are and I'm not that experienced with fuel systems.

Plus, as it's LPG, I'm not particularly dependent on the petrol - it currently takes over a year to go through a full tank in my Astra as it's only used for starting.

My hope is, once this is done and I've got the seals right again to ensure pressure, it should start with no problems. I'm turning over and the pump is definitely working, so I don't think there's anything else to be concerned about.

Cheers all!

Pip

MisterPip is offline   Reply With Quote