View Single Post
Old 21st April 2017, 18:11   #16
QuestionMark
Regular poster

LHD Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT Conn auto 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
It's more complicated than that, and no-one has succeeded in trying to work out exactly how the decisions are made in 'Auto' mode.
Wow!

Quote:
If I were you I would carry out the checks suggested to see if you can find a fault with your blower (ventilation fan) control.
I'll definitely do that.

Quote:
Not necessarily. It also depends upon the interior temperature of the car and there are also sensors on the heater matrix and air conditioning evaporator I seem to remember.
I was kind of supposing a perfect scenario where all of those were the same as the ambient temperature, but I should've made that clearer.*

Quote:
Note however that in cold ambient temperatures when you have selected heating, the blower (or ventilation fan) will notoperate until the coolant reaches a certain temperature. Is this what you're experiencing?
*Which brings me back to this The reason I was asking in the first place is that every setting has been above ambient temperature in Norway since october anyway, so I'm always using heating (unless the car is of a different opinion). And like I've said before the blower occasionally works immediately on cold days with a cold engine too.
Are you sure about the coolant thing though? I can't remember being in a car where the blower (the demist function in particular) doesn't work immediately upon starting the car, and on good days I don't think mine doesn't either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionMark View Post
I prefer to investigate other options before checking/refilling the refrigerant, because that'll probably be £100 I live in Norway you see...
I thought £100 was a bit on the low side, but I didn't want to exaggerate. Turns out, it's in the £200-300 range How are British prices?
QuestionMark is offline   Reply With Quote