View Single Post
Old 29th January 2020, 10:02   #36
Yannage
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
What he said.

1) Get an estimate from the local guru (BigRuss) to fix the leaks. Get the car T4'd for other issues, such as failed airbag sensors.
Threaten to call in Trading Standards department, and trade bodies.
Get an agreement from the seller to cough up. He'll fold, he doesn't want the car back as is.
Get the leaks sorted, they cost peanuts. The issues are well known.
Dehumidifier for a few days. Once dry, the mould will NOT return.
Doctor Beckman's carpet cleaner does an amazing job with carpets.

And don't get too depressed by the immediate flooding. Once gone, what problems do you actually have ?

Enjoy the car.

OR:

2) Reject the goods. Use a report from the Guru (& your video) to support your case.

Personally, I'd try for #1.

These cars are brilliant in bangernomic terms. And you've got a wealth of knowledge on your side in this forum.

Option 1 is underway I will be seeing Russ next week to sort out the leaks and I am trying to source a dry (cream!) carpet so that we can replace ours. I've already got dehumidifier bags in there and will be demoulding over the weekend. I absolutely love the car itself so I'm not looking to give it back.

As for the dealer, I sent him several emails with many videos showing the problems asking for him to fund the repairs or we would give the car back. He ignored these. I then sent him a whatsapp asking him to read the emails to which he replied "I have sent this to our complaints department"... there's no way he has a complaints department, he's just a small one man band. I asked how long the process would take and after chasing he's told me 14 days for a reply (sounds absolutely ridiculous if you ask me, he's the sole named director and the one who sold us the car). He's likely just stalling for time till the 30 days expires.

He has asked for us to leave the car with him for 2 days for them to check but I honestly have no trust in him to do that.

In terms of pursuing him for the costs, do I need to get some kind of report from an actual garage or will some kind of invoice from Russ do? Also, will my claim be denied if I don't give him the chance to fix it himself?

If it comes to it I won't begrudge spending a few hundred quid for this car in any case. I'd rather it was done properly.
Yannage is offline   Reply With Quote